vent uneven wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vent uneven wear

i have noticed that the inside of my tires are very woren. now i have had an allingment recently. could the camber have changed with me lowering my car 1.5"? we are talking at least 3 degrees possible 5.
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

It could be that or maybe your tire pressure is off a bit.

Comment

but my wear is on the inside only and i rock very low profile (205/40) tires. and my tire pressure is 38psi. (max 41)

So his engine he goosed

Comment

It is most likely the alignment then. You may need to get it aligned differently since you have springs instead of factory parts. The numbers may need to be different.

Comment

My wheels did that after I lowered my car. You might try getting it realigned.

Try this link for alignment specs:
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

You should always get an alignment after you change your suspension
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i did... oh well i'll rotate the tires and get a new alingment

So his engine he goosed

Comment

the springs will settle over time, so the alignment could very well be off. You may have some uneven tire wear, but that negative camber is a nice thing

and i think you mean .3 or .5 degrees. as 3 or 5 degrees would be VERY noticable....like Godzilla just stomped on your Pro...

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                  My wheels did that after I lowered my car. You might try getting it realigned.

Try this link for alignment specs:
                  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/D...susp.htm#align
                  will this work for a pro too? (the link is for an mx3)
                  "Squirrels are evil because they have thumbs."
                  - Chick McGee

Comment

for all of you posting the alignment link,I can tell you that it works great ,i had a 92 DX with Suspension Techneques and tokico Blue s . I used the set up listed with the Strut top locater pointed to the firewall . The handling was fantastic .I could get the car to drift the corners ,this was a blast tin the winter and on gravel ..

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
                    Motegi MR12 rims in gold
                    Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
                    MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
                    Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
                    P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                      the springs will settle over time, so the alignment could very well be off. You may have some uneven tire wear, but that negative camber is a nice thing

and i think you mean .3 or .5 degrees. as 3 or 5 degrees would be VERY noticable....like Godzilla just stomped on your Pro...
                      maybe not 5 but it is more than 1. i have 6" wide tires and 4.25" of tread on the outside that has seen very little usage. The inside inch is almost bald... now i do drive hard with losts of turns to have some fun with my suspension... would that put more stress and wear on the inside of the tire? i do remember talkign to my mechanic who did my alignment and at the time i was talking about camber. maybe he tweaked somehthing...

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                        maybe not 5 but it is more than 1. i have 6" wide tires and 4.25" of tread on the outside that has seen very little usage. The inside inch is almost bald... now i do drive hard with losts of turns to have some fun with my suspension... would that put more stress and wear on the inside of the tire? i do remember talkign to my mechanic who did my alignment and at the time i was talking about camber. maybe he tweaked somehthing...
                        in that case, i'd say you have too much negative camber......wish i had that problem

Comment

i have that same problem...i just got mine aligned and its already eating tires...but its kewl, i think im gonna get some falkens

Comment

This is copy and paste directly from EDWIN'S FAQ:

If you have lowered your Protegé and you?re experiencing tire wear problems on the inside of the tread, CHECK THE TOE FIRST. Toe has a MUCH larger effect on tire wear than camber. Many enthusiasts mistake toe problems for camber problems. Do not confuse the two.
                            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                              This is copy and paste directly from EDWIN'S FAQ:

If you have lowered your Protegé and you?re experiencing tire wear problems on the inside of the tread, CHECK THE TOE FIRST. Toe has a MUCH larger effect on tire wear than camber. Many enthusiasts mistake toe problems for camber problems. Do not confuse the two.
                              if you take your car to the shop for alignment, will they ensure the toe and camber are proper? i dont know what they do when you get your alignment checekd.
                              Tag Team

Comment

Working...
                              X