muffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

muffles

just out of curoisity who is rocking an aftermarket muffler? what did you buy and why?
    When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
    Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
    Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
    So his engine he goosed
    With much too much boost,
    And drove a rod through his block.

I've got an aftermarket muffler. Mine is made by Focuz Motorsports. I got it because it has a nice deep tone and made my car sound like a V-6 when I was N/A. Now that I am turbo, I will be switching over to a Apex-i N1 muffler for better flow.

Adam
    91 Protege GTR
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

Comment

im rocking a ractive racing medallion style tunable

i bought it because i love the style, and its got the tornado type exhaust chamber...$$$

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
        im rocking a ractive racing medallion style tunable

i bought it because i love the style, and its got the tornado type exhaust chamber...$$$
        i get a messed up link... wanna fix it?

So his engine he goosed

Comment

I bought some random eBay DTM Style muffler. I liked the looks since the stock lx has a dual tip, and I've just always liked the DTM mufflers. Sounds nice and deep not too "ricey" but its stll a bit loud. I also removed the resonator because at the time it was leaking anyways. Im thinking about replacing it though to quiet it down a bit.
          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

sorry http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...c=L2553116.jpg

Comment

I got a cool Apexi N1 muffler with the cool blue anodized end. It looks awesome, sounds awesome too.
              Eat ****.

Comment

Re: muffles

Originally posted by Protoss
                just out of curoisity who is rocking an aftermarket muffler? what did you buy and why?
                i have an apex'i dunk muffler with custom catback piping. my ex-girlfriend bought it for me, although i wanted the N1, but none of the local shops were going to be getting any in for several weeks. i'm going with an N1 style muffler when i get rid of this muffler.
                Tito Cruz
                '94 Pro DX
                Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

I've got a Borla for the ZX2 that I purchased from oemfordparts.com

Scott
                  '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                  '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                  '98 Volvo V70 T5
                  '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

i'm looking for a free'r flowing muffler (muffles as the topic title indicates) but i dont want that much noise. cops around here are huge on nailing ricers and will though i am not a ricer, a loud exause till make me one in the eyes of a cop.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

mine has that nice silencer...makes it real quiet with it in

Comment

Flowmaster 40 here man ! at idle, the car is rediculously loud, up until 4,000 rpms, has a really nice tone, not too farty... at about 4,200 rpms, it gets a slight bit raspy. as far as groharlem was concerned, it's one of the deepest idling protege's he's heard, however, it's remarkably loud inside and out the car! don't get a flowmaster... why i got it? i thought a muffler was a muffler, just some made your car louder oh well, i'm happy, i'm not chopping the damn thing off.
                        peace

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                          mine has that nice silencer...makes it real quiet with it in
                          isn't a scilence one of those plates you put in the tip of the exaust?? all i am looking for is a flow through muffler, one that has a tail pipe not exaust tip.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

although im not a 1st gen.. i simply just bought an otto racing muffler... it was like $75 on ebay.... i really like it simply because its not taht anoying high pitched rice sounding... really deep sounding...

Comment

I had a Summit Racing Turbo muffler before my DTM. It was only $15. It has a free flow design with no tip, you have to get your own tip or just put on a turn down. The sound was pretty good, not "ricey" at all. I was rather impressed with it.

2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                              X