Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Kent Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent Meet

Kent Falls Connecticut Protege Club Northeast Meet is happening Saturday September 6th, 2003 - Mark Your Calendars!

Location: Kent Falls State Park directly off of Route 7 in Kent, Connecticut

When: Saturday September 6, 2003 10:00am until 4:30pm or later

Car enthusiasts unite at the third bi-annual Protege Club Kent Falls meet, where ideas are shared, where stereos are evaluated (but not loud enough to get kicked out of the park), where cars are evaluated with ride-alongs among scenic route 7 throughout the meet (turbo cars VERY welcome here LOL), pictures are taken of the rides, and many faces are put to the names on the boards, ohh, plus plenty of food to take care of lunch and dinner!

The state park this meet is held at, Kent Falls, has accomodations for barbequing and also many picnic tables to eat at which in the past have been able to be moved together to support a large group meet.

Participants of this meet should bring items to barbeque with including foil, lighter fluid, charcoal, and a lighting device of some sort.

Food, condiments, and other items brought to the meet in the past includes sodas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken (lots of it), specialty meats (?? LOL) such as what Zetec once brought, make your own sandwich stuff with different breads, meats and cheeses, noodle salad, potato salad, chips, pretzels, ketchup, mustard, mayonaise, hamburger buns, hotdog buns, napkins, cups, plastic silverware, disposable plates, garbage bags, etc.. if these items are brought the meet is sure to be a success food wise and clean up wise.

We will try to in some form line up the cars for photo taking later on in the day when it seems everyone has showed up, so if possible, when parking at the meet -- if you're not the first one there, join the other Mazda and Ford vehicles in the line up when parking at the meet, assuming that there is alot of parking as there has been in the past and if possible. Vehicles should back up into spots to make it easier to take the photos.

Hiking can be done at this park, and, will be, so bring your best hiking shoes if you don't want to slide off the rocks while climbing them, there is also plenty of land to roam during and after the meet so feel free to bring friends and family, there are waterfalls to look at and relax with at the park.

Depending on if the park ranger or assistants are there, there may or may not be an admission fee into the park.

If there is an admission charge to the park, it will be at most $7 for CT state residents per car, and at most $10 for out of state residents per car.

Cellular phones, at least in the past, have not worked very well at this meet, however some service may be available. Verizon service is basically non-existant at the meet. I'm not sure about other carriers. So, don't depend on your cell phone to call others, plan ahead by printing out and following directions, or by setting up convoys up to Kent!

Everybody is invited regardless of what type of vehicle you drive, however, Fords and Mazdas are the norm at this meet.

Alcohol is not permitted at this state park, so if you do decide to bring anything be very discreet about it, if you want to add something to your coke/pepsi, go ahead but don't become belligerant and get us banned from using the park ever again for such meets.

This meet has never been organized in conjunction with the Kent Falls office at all, however even with a wedding going on at the same time in the park, our meet has never been anything but a success, but be nice to the people working at the park because they have no idea who we are.

Everyone attending this meet, if you haven't gone to it before, please use Mapquest in the following way so that you can accurately get to the meet!

Go to http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp

1) enter your departure address

2) in "step 2", "End", pull down the -Places of interest- submenu.. scroll down to "Parks" and select it.

3) for "End" city type in Kent, and for state CT, then press "get directions"

4) on the next screen that comes up, under "Select from Parks in Kent, CT" click on the letter K, select Kent Falls State Park and press "get directions" again.

This method seems to be a completely accurate way of printing out a map to get there.. so use it! You also get to choose from 3 different ways of going there, this way, but I'd suggest sticking to major routes aka "not getting lost". Keep in mind that in this area some back roads are sometimes closed, and mapquest may not know about it.

Route 7, which Kent Falls is off of usually becomes an annoyingly slow backroad due to people driving at sub speed limit speeds (the speed limit is low to begin with), during and after passing through the town of New Milford, but if you don't hit traffic it is decently windy. We don't want anybody getting tickets or worse, so drive carefully

Another thread is being started with an "I'm bringing this thing" (food/condiment/bbq item) and "I'm bringing this many people" so that we can estimate how much food is needed.
    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
    MODS:
    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
    TO DO LIST:
    EDM/JDM rear bumper
    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
    Repaint car

I am going to be there for sure.
    There will be some guys coming from the msprotege.com board. So we will have to keep an eye on that site also in the car meet section.

I am bringing burgers, bbq sauce, papertowel cooking utencils.. hopefully some containers. some plates and anything else that I can think of.

I will be trying to get my but up there by 11am . So I may be leaving from down here pretty early
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

you know im there.
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

i will be there for the 3rd time, can't wait....Boosted Pro, you were there the first 2 times? What car do you have???
        2000 DX, Blue
        Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
        2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

I cant wait. Whats the total count so far ?..Jon

Comment

As many as 16 cars so far.. many more people then cars.
            David

'04 Dodge Neon

'01 Ford Crown Victoria (Yellow Taxi)

'97 VW Passat TDI

'92 BMW 535i

Comment

i think its over 16, because some say plus 2 or 3. but we will see.
              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
              225.94wtq
              torque monster!!!!
              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

are hondas alowed?

Comment

Originally posted by XLerate93
                  are hondas alowed?
                  Only if u give respect to the proteges and cook are food..

Comment

I was at the 1st one but I couldn't attend the 2nd due to a blown tranny. I have the Blue 1st gen with the offset white racing stripe. I'm planning on attending this year (as long as i fix the last couple of bugs from my swap) with my GTR powered 91 LX.

Adam
                    91 Protege GTR
                    1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                    MODS:
                    GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                    TO DO LIST:
                    EDM/JDM rear bumper
                    EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                    Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by itzkcatz
                      Only if u give respect to the proteges and cook are food..
                      BITCH I DID THAT LAST YEAR

im a ****ing grade a chef :D

Comment

Originally posted by XLerate93
                        BITCH I DID THAT LAST YEAR

im a ****ing grade a chef :D

Well u need to do it again so we can judge your food. And dont give ben the lighter fliud

Comment

fluid

/helpful

Comment

Ease up on the lighter fluid, i tasted that sh!t on the burgers last time...
                            2000 DX, Blue
                            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

ummm,, I will be cooking ..lol so don't worry about tasting lighter fluid ...
                              Bruce
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X