New system in the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New system in the future

I know I am going to want my system back. Everytime I am in my boy's avalance with the 3 12" square L7's or whatever . I just want my damn bass back .
    I have been outa the bass thing for like 1.5 years. I have a kicker solobaric . round 12" in my closet , but I don't know if that is even what's up anymore.
    What amps are in ideal at this point in time. I guess I would like to put at least 200 to 300 watts to a sub? I don't want two due to weight.

I figure blue ledz knows about this best,
    what subs are the good right now?
    I also have kenwood 4ways 6x9's in the rear and kenwood 5 1/4's in the front, (not the strongest but u know) .
    What interior speakers are you guys running.
    Bruce
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Well I don't know much about subs and amps, but I am running Polk EX3 components in the front and 6x9 Polk EX3s in the back. They sound incredible.

Comment

alpine type R 12" dual 4 ohm
      alpine M500

Thats all ya need... not the loudest thing ever(3rd loudest for a single sub in my books)but I guarantee the cleanest sounding ever

Comment

well bruce, those old solo's are still some of my favorites for older subs:D unless you want a ton of bass, just use the solo. it's designed for a small box, and they are a quality design. now as far as new subs go, how loud do you want it?:D how low do you want it? how heavy do you want it? do you want a high power system, or just keep it nice and low? you say weight is an issue, so how much of an issue is it? do you have your reg. speakers amped now? are you looking to amp them? i'm trying to get as much info as possible, so i can help you best also, any price restraint?:p

asylum24, hehe, cleanest sounding ever? i'll leave that one alone, cause i don't have time to list every sub that is cleaner sounding

Comment

I really want a clean low bass sound, I mostly play reggae and rap with occasional techno and a few other tunes.
          I am not sure about how low I want to go with the bass, because I really am not even up on the terms anymore for the bass freq.
          I do play my music loud at times.

The interior speakers are no longer on an amp , they were powered by a Alpine amp but not anymore (got stolen).

so what would be good to power the interior speakers. I want them crossed over, so I may have to use an amp with an crossover. I am a bit space limited also .. so that is another thing.
          I am figureing I would like to get a clean 50 to 60 watts or so to each speaker.
          I know that 50 watts from a amp is supposed to be better than 50 watts from a deck unit.
          Bruce
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i'd say one 12 in a nice low tuned ported box, so you won't need gobs of power to reproduce low freqs. my best recomendation would be to get a nice set of components for up front, and use the front channels of a 4 channel amp for them, and bridge the rear channels for the sub. the rear speakers aren't nearly as important to have an amp running them. also figure that even 100 fewer watts from not amping the rear speakers will be that much less of a drain on your electrical system here's what i'd recomend:

components:
            CDT CL-61a. they're still $150, cause they have the wrong paint and you know how much that affects the sound
            The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

$150

sub:
            K-series 12. 12K.14 the single 4 ohm model, cause most 4 channel amps can't handle lower than that when bridged

$135

amp:
            well, there are a lot of choices when it comes to an amp. i'll use avionixx for some examples.
            the AXA 600.4 will deliver 110 watts to each component, and 300 to the sub, which will be enough for the sub. it's a class A/B amp, so it's not the most efficient amp, but it will sound very nice.
            $280
            or the AXT 800.4 will deliver 125 watts to each component and 400 to the sub, which it can easily handle, but it will push it much better. it's a class T amp, which are supposed to sound as good as class A/B amps, but are more efficient.
            $285

add in a 4 channel amp install kit from knukonceptz, if you don't already have 4 guage power wire run, to complete the system.
            $36

total=$606 plus shipping. not bad to have a bumpin' system now as far as the box goes, please don't buy a prefab one. the one on thier site is well designed, but the port takes up a lot of space. if you need something smaller, i'll design one for you

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
              asylum24, hehe, cleanest sounding ever? i'll leave that one alone, cause i don't have time to list every sub that is cleaner sounding

yea well that just goes to show how much you really know hehe jk! i know there are cleaner but you cant convince me even though i just said there were... my system pwnes j00! lol weee

Comment

you're supposed to give the guy more options than that.. i mean, some people like hearing their music like it's coming out of a mailbox, 20 feet underwater.. you know, that high quality 'laptop' like sound? this is my current dilemma as well, but i would back blue's recommendation for the avionixx amp, definately MORE power than you're going to need, but definately not overkill
                peace

Comment

bruce, all are good recommendations, but here's my choices:
                  -idmax
                  -edesign e12k
                  -alumapro alusonic OR alchemy

all the above play clean, low and gives a solid bump.
                  -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
                  >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                  **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

you could get a us acoustic4065 for 129 us acoustic 4065 and the us acousticusx600d for 175. this way he you wouldn't have to buy a new sub and you would have a 4 channel amp for all your speakers and a class d amp for you sub. the amps are very clean sounding and have a great warranty. the are also extremely small.
                    '02 classic red p5
                    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Hey Bruce - I'd be more than willing to offer my help for the install.

If you feel like shooting down to the Island some time, we could knock out your system in one day, and kick back a few beers.

And if you're interested in fiberglass, we can do that, too. Might not be done in one day, but we could get all the wiring in, amp(s) installed, inside speakers running, and I could get a mold of the trunk area where you want the sub. Then just gimme a week or two and I'd have it done.

Feel free to hit me up if you want some company for the install.

~HH

Comment

yeah, he can do that, OR drive all the way to florida and i'll help him that's a very nice jesture from you hiho and you are very knowledgable, as is bruce, so it should come out sweet:p:

Comment

MTX All The Way!!!

I got 2 12" 6000's.

All the bass I need.
                          Mike A.

Comment

I had my speakers and amps in a closet collecting dust for 2 years before FINALLY getting it my Protege!! I was like damn I want to do it but had no money to do it. I first discovered SoundDomain and eventually did searches on taking radio out, remove door panels, and such when I stumbled on to Protegeclub. I got my kicks from a guy on SoundDomain and was excited to get my separates in a kickpanel configuration for imaging purposes. Man I was so excited to stumble upon them. My subs didn't last long as the cone separated from the surround and I eventually got the Elemental Designs subs. The only drawback to my system is lights dimming to the bass. Otherwise, I am pleased with the results.
                            2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                            KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                            Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                            Groundkit

Comment

Working...
                            X