Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P2K
    $4K give or take, tranny too.
    wow, ever thought about the j-spec engine for our cars? the 1.5L variable timing one? it'd probably cost less to put that one in, and it's about the same HP, and has a lot of potential course the potential is mainly from combining a turbo with it:p

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
      wow, ever thought about the j-spec engine for our cars? the 1.5L variable timing one? it'd probably cost less to put that one in, and it's about the same HP, and has a lot of potential course the potential is mainly from combining a turbo with it:p
      To tell you the truth, I don't want to resort to and older style protege engine. I will do a swap, just don't know which one yet. Either the 2.0 or the KL-ZE. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I have to do all kinds of swapping this and that, and replacing this and that with the V6 swap. I just want to do something that no one else has ever done or isn't crazy enough to do. One things for sure, I'll be the only one with it in a 3rd gen.

People say it's not worth the effort and it's a waste of time and money. I don't care. But don't misjudge me. I'm not trying to turn my car into a steet racer, just trying to keep the car I have and turning it into an Evo and WRX buster. To show some protege potential. If I go with the KL, I'm taking it to Canada to A-Spec, drop it off for 4 months(going out of town) and by time I get back it should be ready. A-Spec quoted me about $5K and thats with a custom turbo. 300hp+ is what I'm looking at. If I go with the 2.0, a close friend will be hooking me up on that. I'm still undecided, but my project starts in March.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this. Just wish me luck, that's all I ask.

2000 Protege
      2004 6

Comment

dude, all you'll get from me is props:D i wish i could afford to do things like that. if it were me, i would definitely go with the KL-ZE that engine is so bad ass, and put it in a pro, god help anyone that trys to race you:p plus with the sport 20 conversion, it'll truely be a one of a kind protege with all the problems people have been having with getting a lot of power out of the 2.0, the KL-ZE seems to be a better way to go. not so much the engine, but the tranny and axles. just don't forget an LSD for an extra grand and having a sweet V6 with a billion aftermarket parts, go with the KL-ZE.
        good luck, and keep us posted

Comment

Biknman man here!

Just found this site after Protege Owners Club being down.

I have an offer for all you 1.6er!

SALE-- 1.6L Turbo kit for Mazda Protege!
          FOR SALE...turbo kit plus a Wingwest bumper and Bosal Exhaust sytem. Turbo kit includes a newly rebuilt T25 turbo with Wagnermotorsports.net exhuast manifold, down pipe, compressor to throttle body pipe, and oil lines. System has a Blitz BOV, Vortec FMU with calibration kit with 12:1 installed, TurboXS manual boost controller. Everything ready to bolt up. asking $1800.00 local pick up or $2000.00 shipped. System easily upgraded with front mount inner-cooler and/or downpipe with cat converter from Wagnermotorsports.net.
          David Potter
          99 Protege 1.6L Turbo
          03 WRX Wagon
          03 Dodge Ram Hemi
          “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing,and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
          · Ernest Hemingway
          <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
          My 99 Pro pics here
          www.wagnermotorsports.net

Comment

Re: Biknman man here!

Originally posted by biknman
            Just found this site after Protege Owners Club being down.

I have an offer for all you 1.6er!

SALE-- 1.6L Turbo kit for Mazda Protege!
            FOR SALE...turbo kit plus a Wingwest bumper and Bosal Exhaust sytem. Turbo kit includes a newly rebuilt T25 turbo with Wagnermotorsports.net exhuast manifold, down pipe, compressor to throttle body pipe, and oil lines. System has a Blitz BOV, Vortec FMU with calibration kit with 12:1 installed, TurboXS manual boost controller. Everything ready to bolt up. asking $1800.00 local pick up or $2000.00 shipped. System easily upgraded with front mount inner-cooler and/or downpipe with cat converter from Wagnermotorsports.net.
            I wish I had 2000 bucks. How much HP to the wheel does it have with the turbo?
            My OLD Car

Comment

icynelly

How much HP to the wheel does it have with the turbo?
              Here was the last dyno I did with no intercooler 12:1 FMU no exhaust or cats. at 8 pounds of boost

Keep up with the lastest on the kit I have at Wagnermotorsports.net
              Last edited by biknman; 09-02-2003, 09:27 PM.
              David Potter
              99 Protege 1.6L Turbo
              03 WRX Wagon
              03 Dodge Ram Hemi
              “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing,and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
              · Ernest Hemingway
              <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
              My 99 Pro pics here

Comment

Re: icynelly

Here was the last dyno I did with no intercooler 12:1 FMU no exhaust or cats. at 8 pounds of boost

Keep up with the lastest on the kit I have at Wagnermotorsports.net
                So if I can read correctly (which I suck at when it comes to dynos) Its about 175?
                My OLD Car

Comment

icynelly

It was a 156 Horse Power to the wheels and a 172 Pounds of Torque to the wheels.
                  David Potter
                  99 Protege 1.6L Turbo
                  03 WRX Wagon
                  03 Dodge Ram Hemi
                  · Ernest Hemingway
                  My 99 Pro pics here

Comment

Re: icynelly

It was a 156 Horse Power to the wheels and a 172 Pounds of Torque to the wheels.
                    My OLD Car

Comment

wow, you suck:D now you tell me about selling your turbo, after i buy a $1300 laptop i thought a guy out of tampa was buying it off you?

Comment

why you selling it man???? if i didnt allready have the same freaking kit, lol i'd buy it.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

THEGOLDPRO
                          why you selling it man????
                          I'm selling the kit cause now that the car rides via trailer to races it doesn’t need to be street able so I'm having a custom Turbonectics turbo made with external waste gate and a short 3in exhaust out the side of the car.

blue LEDz
                          i thought a guy out of tampa was buying it off you?
                          As for the guy in Tampa I have not heard from him in like a month. So it's up for graps again.
                          David Potter
                          99 Protege 1.6L Turbo
                          03 WRX Wagon
                          03 Dodge Ram Hemi
                          · Ernest Hemingway
                          My 99 Pro pics here

Comment

good luck man,
                            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                            225.94wtq
                            torque monster!!!!
                            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Good luck David.. sounds like you've got some plans for it. Keep us posted on how everything is turning out
                              -mike lucero
                              1988 Mazda 323 GTX
                              2001 Isuzu Rodeo

Comment

IS tht the fastest 1.6 out there?
                                My OLD Car

Comment

Working...
                                X