front lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front lip

is it true that an early integras (2nd gen?) stock front lip on the bumper will work with our 1st gens or 323's?

i thought i remebered seeing that somewhere and im not sure if its true or not...

if its not does anybody know of a lip that will work??

thanks
    Colin

i was wondering the exact same thing
    Eat ****.

Comment

The person to talk to would be Tweeaks, hes on this board as well as pclub.

2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

A 2nd gen integra lip would not work. it would be too long. The reason is that the integra bumper is flat the protege's bumper curves in on the bottom, making it hard to find another bumper that is similar on the bottom for another lip to work.

1ofdfew323 on protegeclub found a lip that will work he was saying that he could sell 'em for around $50 + shipping IIRC..

On the other hand, i really don't see how a CRX front bumper would work they are way too short on the sides.... I was at one of my friends shops in town (bodykits, performance parts, etc..) and didn't even bother to try the CRX front bumper because it would take alot of work....do you have any pics cablemirc i'm interested to see it, i don't think i have seen a protege with a body-kit that wasn't made for it.

Comment

i was going through cardomain and i saw this

he says he has a '91 integra lip on it

Comment

if 1ofdafew323's makes them i will buy

Comment

i bought the front lip that 1ofdafew323 was selling. it's just a lip from a different car that's too long (the sides are a perfect fit though), so he cuts it in the middle. he said it wouldn't take any modifications to fit, but it's in 2 pieces (because he cuts it) so you have to get it molded together. plus the one he sent me was still too long, so i have to mod it a little more.

i'm pretty sure i know what kind of car it's from. when i'm positive, i'll let you guys know so you can make your own. btw, i should have mine painted and installed pretty soon.
              Tito Cruz
              '94 Pro DX
              Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

Thats a clean 323 lol .. i will consider buying one if it looks good

Comment

yeah that 323 is clean . I don't really know if a lip at the bottom of that bumper makes much sense. I think a better front bumper would be sicker
                  Bruce
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I guess if you want to you could buy the second gen 'teg lip.
                    If you ever see one park next to it and kinda' eyeball it, I coulda sworn that they were too long though, oh well....Good luck with it.

I didn't know that it was two pieces, he didn't tell me that, sorry...
                    How much does he sell 'em for by the way?

Comment

that 323 looks sweet.
                      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                      225.94wtq
                      torque monster!!!!
                      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                        I didn't know that it was two pieces, he didn't tell me that, sorry...
                        How much does he sell 'em for by the way?
                        he didn't tell me that either. he said it required NO modifications, but now i have to get it shortened and molded together. he charged me $40, but when i found out what car it's from, i'm sure you'll be able to find them around the same price (or even cheaper).
                        Last edited by TitoCruz; 09-02-2003, 09:22 PM.
                        Tito Cruz
                        '94 Pro DX
                        Cali Air National Guard - 163rd ARW

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                          yeah that 323 is clean . I don't really know if a lip at the bottom of that bumper makes much sense. I think a better front bumper would be sicker
                          Bruce
                          i think so too, but its also a difference of 40 and 400 dollars and i think if i could get a nice lip for under 75 bucks it would be sweet

Comment

Working...
                          X