horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horn

k...so i was driving to the promazda meet right, and it was warm out, but my horn just started making crazy noises and stuck on. i pulled over shut the car off and waited a lil while...then it was ok...has this happened to anyone?

some ppl have had trouble with the steering wheel horn pad, but even if you shut the car off it would still keep honking. Possibly a bad relay or horn itself.

Comment

It has happened to me in my 323 twice, it's most likely the horn pad. In fact, one of the dents in the side of my car is because someone kicked it when it was beeping

Right now I have the horn disconnected at the steering wheel, but I got another pad from the junkyard that I'm gunna slide in when I feel ambitious :D
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

lol...how much work is that-realize that being in college i have discovered again being lazy

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
          lol...how much work is that-realize that being in college i have discovered again being lazy
          I'll put it into college terms you can understand.....it's about a 6 pack worth of work.

Comment

ahh! i get it! thats not much i can do that lol

Comment

You'd have to shotgun that 6-pack, it's three screws to get the front off the steering wheels, and about 6 more small screws to get the horn pad off.... Should take 15 minutes at most!

Dats alot of beer real quick!
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

i can do it have faith

Comment

The part shouldn't be more than $15 US new (I paid $10) at the dealer, by the way.

edit: Then again, I've haven't seen the price for models with cruise control. May be more? :dunno:
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

ya realize that there are two specific designs for horn pads, one with posts for the cruise control, one with out, so if you have an lx, you'll need an lx pad. junkyard is the easy way to do it, less than 5 bucks, 10 or 15 people have said at the dealership. realize that there are at least 2 revisions on the horn pad design that i know about... meaning 2 different part numbers for the lx, let alone a seperate one for the dx. and actually, come to think of it, anything from 90 to 94... all years of the protege's horn pads are interchangeable. good luck with it.
                    peace

Comment

I just cut the wire, 6 years ago

:shrug:
                      "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                      -93 MR2, 129 ES
                      ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                      Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Originally posted by JesseSays
                        I just cut the wire, 6 years ago

:shrug:
                        Some of us can't live without a horn
                        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

heh, in pa, it's required for state inspection.. eitherwise.. FAIL!! one reason not to live in pa... if you're car's a piece of ****, feel free to drive it, but eventually, they're gonna kick it off the road... actually, come to think of it, come to pa, it's such a **** hole of a state for being in the north east!! bring your criminals, old pick up trucks, mid morning car-repairs, squirrel shotguns and all buddy, cause it's a ****in party here! still, were not as bad as the NOTORIOUSLY bad Virginia driver sporting a gun rack, cell phone and a custom fag liscence plate that says, "CBOOMGO"... the state where all bad drivers either come or drive through :p
                          peace

Comment

lol, driving in va sux so bad...no one knows what they are doing, and the state police are EVERYWHERE...so when i was driving back from dc, i kept it at a moderate 95 but i pack ratted with a buncha ppl from NC, cz the VA drivers would be side by side going 5 under...wtf?

Comment

I just got back from VA this weekend, I didn't think the drivers were all that bad. Luckily traffic wasn't real heavy so we could weave in and out of the lanes to pass cars. Holy **** though there were SO many cops around.

I got an LX horn pad, I'm going to see if it works on my 323. Cost me WAY less than $5 :p
                              Dan
                              dreesemonkey

Comment

Working...
                              X