best speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best speakers

my current setup for my car is mtx subs and amp, 2 rear blaupunkts and 2 front audiobahns. im thinkin about selling all of this and just getting 4 top of the line speakers, i dont need all the bass from the subs i have, i like having the bass inside the car instead having it from the trunk. what are like the top of the line speakers on the market? to specify further i want some really decent bass pumpin from them, i dont need alot, i just listen to a bunch of rock and punk rock. my friend has a decent amount of bass coming from his speakers but at times it isnt very clear when its loud. im not looking to cheat on the quality of the speakers so id like to hear everyones opinion on what i should be looking at, thanks guys.

need a little more info, first, what year/model of protege do you have, also how much do you want to spend. also do you want to amp the speakers*highly recommended*
    '02 classic red p5
    currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

more info

i have a 200 protege... umm i really dont care what i spend, it cant be TOO much can it? ive already bought the whole system basically.... maybe ill just keep the current amp i got... its alright with the power if i remember correctly, it was pushing like 300-400 per channel, its an mtx thunderbird... price is not really an option, i dont care, as long as its not like over $600... $150 a speaker at the most...

Comment

2000 protege... sorry... the infamous 1.6 liter

Comment

150 per set or 300 per set, b/c you really can't just go buy one speaker
          '02 classic red p5
          currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

sorry sorry, $300 per set would be the obsolute most i want to spend on the pair. that would be $600 for 4. i havent seen pairs of speakers any more than like $120 in the stores but i dont really know, i just want to get like REALLY good speakers because i a huge music guy and only want the best now.

Comment

well if ya want the best speakers on the market... alpine's flagship type X's.... a pair of 6.5's will set ya back about $800 but you get a 6.5 woofer, a 5 1/4, midbass woofer and a tweeter alongw ith a crossover for all three... $800 is for like dealer price you can find them on the net for 400 or so....

Comment

$400 and u say its top of the line ****?

Comment

for off the net....800 from a dealer and for resonablely top of the line... if you want top of the line go buy a set of rainbow components $1300 for a pair of 5 1/4 thats just a woofer and a tweeter...

Comment

ok ok

ok ok, im changin my request, lol. im looking for the best speakers i can get available for the most $600

Comment

or too make it simple, what is the best brand i should be looking into?

Comment

Well to get that type of bass impact in the car you will probably need to get some 6x9s in the rear deck. Most other speakers will not produce that much bass output. Midbass, Yes. But low bass, no. 6x9s are about the largest speakers to keep a factory appearance, plus put some 6.5" components up front and you should be good to go. You could go for more "top-of-the-line" but will you notice that much of a greater sound for more money? Not until you spend about a grand on 1 set of speakers will you notice that much of an improvement. My suggestions below are more budget minded and might be geared a little more toward your musical tastes.

My suggestions to you area:
                        Front: CDT CL-61a $150/set
                        Rear: Infinity Kappa 692.5i $199/pr
                        And you need an amp to drive all those speakers. To get decent bass without distorting the speakers, you need some decent power output, about 75x4.
                        I recommend:
                        U.S. acoustics USB-4085 $180
                        or
                        Kicker KX600.4 $400

Good Luck and let us know what you decide on.
                        Last edited by Rider69; 09-01-2003, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dafoo21
                          or too make it simple, what is the best brand i should be looking into?
                          That really does not make it simple. There are many views on what the best brand is. Many people like JL Audio, Boston Acoustics, Alpine, Focal, Dynaudio, etc.

Comment

i currently have 6X9's in the back and 5X7's in the front, i was under the impression i could only fit those sizes... i ask because u offered 6.5's for my rear speakers...

Comment

Actually I offered the 6x9s for your year speakers and 6.5"s for the front. An adapter plate can be made to fit the 6.5s in the front. This will provide you with a little better bass up fron then the 5x7s can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X