Mazda 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 6

It's not one of my "other" cars yet, but a Mazda 6 *may* be in my future. At least it's something I'm seriously considering down the road, maybe in about 1-2 years. I'm really anxious to see the new hatchback and wagon version, which I hear are due in the NA market sometime in late '04. I'm disappointed that the Mazdaspeed 6, also due in late '04, will be equipped with a V6 versus the 4 cyl turbo shown in Paris. I guess if it's a 300hp motor I might think otherwise, but Mazda has a habit of lagging behind the competition in the power department. I've haven't heard any hp numbers yet, just that it's going to be a V6. You know, us crazy North Americans just gotta have a V6, no one here would interested in boost .
    Scott
    '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
    '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
    '98 Volvo V70 T5
    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

My friend's fiance just traded her '03 Corolla in for an '03 6. It's very nice, has a great ride, but if you get one, DO NOT get the auto tranny. We had 4 people in the car, and he was 'ripping through the gears', and it was about as quick as my LX. Oh yea, and it's the V6 engine... Also the gas mileage eats ass, like 19 in the city so far (maybe because of his driving habits?).

I drove a V6/5spd, and I loved it though! :D
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

If my needs were different, I'd definitely get the manual tranny. I will probably go for the automatic though for several reasons. Number one is so that my wife can drive the car too in case her vehicle is in the shop. We won't go there too much, but let's just suffice it to say that she will never drive a manual or learn, and I don't want her to. Number two, I'm in real estate now and it will be much easier driving around town with an auto. That's also the reason why I'm curious to see how the wagon turns out, that and the fact that it'll give me more room for my kids. I've only seen the Atenza pics so far, but it looks nice. At least the auto is a manu-matic, for whatever that's worth. Who knows ... it's all theoretical at this point. In case anyone's wondering , I'd still be keeping my Pro.
      Scott
      '98 Volvo V70 T5
      '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Well, I guess I kinda need to think of the bigger picture I guess. This would be more of a commuter car than an enthusiasts toy. The auto is really smooth, which makes it very comfertable to ride in, but it's not fast by any means. Regardless, they're awesome cars.
        Dan
        dreesemonkey

Comment

Yeah, and I'll still have the Pro around as my weekend warrior. Once the bpt is in I'm sure it'll like to go out and snack on WRX's for Sunday brunch!:D
          Scott
          '98 Volvo V70 T5
          '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

mazda 6's are way cool..the mazdaspeed 6 is easily the coolest tho.
            Eat ****.

Comment

Working...
            X