Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Twin Cities Performance Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Cities Performance Shops

When I was at the auto show this weekend, I picked up a few business cards from local shops. Here's what I got:
    Shaded Image - Buffalo, MN 612-281-6113
    Dick & Rick's Auto Interiors - Bloomingotn, MN 952-884-7702
    Smooth Customs - Big Lake, MN 763-263-5121
    Three Performance - Loretto, MN 763-479-7060
    Revolutions Motorsports- Eau Claire, WI 715-834-5758 - www.revolutionsmotorsports.com
    Elite Autosport - Minneapolis, MN 612-521-0550 - www.elite-autosport.com

I checked out Elite Autosports, and they do dyno's. If anyone is interested, if we get more than 5 people, for $50, we get two run's - half price.
    Last edited by kopp0041; 09-05-2003, 08:29 AM.
    "In the end, it doesn't even matter" Linkin Park

If anyone knows of any other shops in and around the Twin Cities, please pm me with the name and location so I can post their info here.

Comment

Speaking of dynos, if we can't come up with 5 here, MNFOC would team up and I'm sure we'd get 5 total between the two clubs. Just a thought =)
      2002 Ford Focus ZX3
      1987 Mazda 323
      1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

smooth costums is now in st.cloud next to pik fabrication, the smooth costums guy does some nice work and I would recomend him but I woln't recomend going to pik fabrication...there is also john haley motorsports and they are in the cities but I have heard some bad things about them...

Comment

oh and I would be up for doing 2 pulls for 50 but maybe early in the spring once I am done with my gtx swap

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenkenny
            smooth costums is now in st.cloud next to pik fabrication, the smooth costums guy does some nice work and I would recomend him but I woln't recomend going to pik fabrication...there is also john haley motorsports and they are in the cities but I have heard some bad things about them...
            John Haley is nothing but BAD NEWS. They charged a friend of mine $450 to install an underdrive pulley which takes approximately a hour to install on a focus. They gave a bunch of bs about how the key didn't go far enough out and that they had to fix the pulley itself.

After talking with him and hearing other bad stories, the only thing I can recommend John Haley for is a place to avoid.
            2002 Ford Focus ZX3
            1987 Mazda 323
            1993 Protege LX (coming soon)

Comment

What does smooth costums do? I guess I'm not familiar with pik fabrication. What is it, and what's it good for? Can you get me there contact information like I have for the above shops? I'll had them to the list. Do you guys know of any others to add?

Comment

there is a place in MN that makes cams and they are suppose to be good and I will be using the miata 1.8 dohc cams so I will tell you guys how they work out for me here it goes

Integral Cams
                212 East County Road 1
                Dundas, MN 55019
                phone: (507) 645-9308
                fax: (507) 645-9356

Smooth costums does a lot of body work and costum painting and things of that nature.....they are located in white park...next time I am in st.cloud I will get you more info on it f you would like...pik fabrication is shop that primarly likes to deal with hydolics on car airbag/lowrider things but the do sell sportcompact things but they don't know much about them again I will get you the exact address and the phone# when I am up there probably next weekend.

Now is there anyone in MN that does head work good? like who does it and I would like some info on it cause I am planing on doing my cylinder head before the engine accually goes in the car...help is much appriciated
                thanx

Comment

There's a place in Burnsville called stealer custom rides, they do paint and body work and engines. There doing a big hp integra project.

Comment

Originally posted by rlhotka
                    There's a place in Burnsville called stealer custom rides, they do paint and body work and engines. There doing a big hp integra project.
                    Is that who did your wing?

Comment

No, pro collision in apple valley. I'll show it to you, it looks really good. I'm bying a beater today for $700, a acura intergra, 87.

Comment

Working...
                      X