Got my new MX3 seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beachnut
    Well, if somebody wants a BRAND NEW set of MX3 seats, you can get them from these guys:

漂亮的保姆5免费观看_花季传媒APP一天免费看三次_疯狂的交换小雅小姿1~6_一本久久综合亚洲鲁鲁五月天_女人被男人吃奶到高潮_国产无人区码卡二卡三卡免费_老头猛的挺进她莹莹她的体内视频

A word of warning though - they only have what they have, nothing more. You have to make it work with what they have left. The way it stands now, their limiting factor is that they only have one passenger seat cushion remaining and it's in taupe cloth. If you want the leather, then you have to do what I did. The other alternative is the black cloth with the red striping panel inserts, but you will still have to remove the taupe cover and install the black cloth one. They have enough of the other seat parts in leather or black to make several more sets of each, but once that last passsenger cushion is gone, you'd have to at least get that part from a junkyard and recover it. Anyway, I paid $300 total - that's all the parts, shipping, and a $50 surcharge for orders under $2,000. Normally they don't sell retail, only wholesale, therefore the surcharge. If you need help with the part numbers or anything, let me know.
    what were the part numbers?

also, what are the part numbers for the black cloth seats?

thanks
    Bryan
    MOCC MEMBER

-"Mean people rule."

Originally posted by midnightblue97
    Thought the oil pump was run off the timing belt??

Comment

Ok, here goes:

Leather:

EA02-88-160-02 Left Cushion
      EA02-88-160-02 Left Seatback
      EA02-88-130-02 Right Seatback

For the right seat cushion, you will need to order EA03-88-110-26 (only 1 remaining!). It has a taupe cloth cover which you will have to remove. Then order EA02-88-161-02. That's the leather trim piece for the left cushion that you will put on the right cushion (with some minor modification).

Black Cloth with red/black panel

EA03-88-160-02 Left Cushion
      EA03-88-180-02 Left Seatback (or EA03-88-180B-02)
      EA03-88-130B-02 Right Seatback (only 2 remaining!)

Again, for the right seat cushion you will need to order EA03-88-110-26 and remove it's cover. Then order EA03-88-111-02. That's the black cloth trim piece for the right cushion. It will fit with no modifications required.

Once the last right seat cushion is gone (the taupe one), you will have to get at least that part from a junkyard. They do have several (10 at last count) left cushion leather trim pieces. If you go for the black cloth, they have 13 (at last count) right cushion trim pieces.

If you noticed above regarding the black cloth right seatbacks you'll see that there's only 2 left. You can always get the left seatback trim and put it on a taupe seatback (they have 6 of those). The bottom of the sides of the seat cover are cut out a little differently, but you'll never notice. You'll just lose the seatback pocket. I did the same thing on my gray LX cloth seats and it looks fine.
      Last edited by beachnut; 09-03-2003, 06:32 PM.
      Scott
      '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
      '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
      '98 Volvo V70 T5
      '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Here's some pic's of the black cloth seats:

Left Cushion

Left Seatback

Right Seatback

Right Cushion

Right Cushion Trim
        Scott
        '98 Volvo V70 T5
        '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Thats awsome! I want the blue ones though.
            2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

MX3 seats are a direct bolt in in the 1st gen cars ,they share the same floor pan ,however the MX3 seats arelower then the 1st gen seats .
              When I installed them in my 92 I used longer bolts and tube spacers between the seat and rails to get the seats to the height i wanted .
              You should be able to fit them in a 2gen car but will have to mod the seat to fit on the 2nd gen seat rails . This would be case of trial and error .
              For those of you that need parts for your 1st gen ,I was looking at the surplus site and if you Know the part # of what you need you could save a lot of $ getting parts here . why buy retail when you can get wholesale . Do I see a bunch of 1st gens getting together and getting 2000.00 worth of parts .

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
              Motegi MR12 rims in gold
              Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
              MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
              Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
              P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
                Do I see a bunch of 1st gens getting together and getting 2000.00 worth of parts .
                You don't have to do that. They'll sell you anything off that list if you pay a $50 per order surcharge. I've ordered twice from them now. Contact neville@surplusparts.com with any questions. The hardest part of their lists is figuring out what is what. They won't really help you out much in regards to that. You will probably have to call your dealer to translate parts numbers. Fortunately, I have a friend who works for MNAO.
                Scott
                '98 Volvo V70 T5
                '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

do they make any mx3 seats in that kind of beige color interior?

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                    do they make any mx3 seats in that kind of beige color interior?
                    They did, it's the Taupe color I've been mentioning. Scroll up and look at the third pic. I know it's very hard to tell since it's in plastic. The side panels are a brown/tan striped tweed-like pattern. The inside panel is wild. It's an alternate stitch pattern of purple/red/gold/fuscia. The overall effect is a dark brown look. It's not bad. The trouble with that color as far as the surplus place is concerned is that they are missing the left seatback in that pattern. You would have to get the right seatback trim piece in Taupe (which they do have), buy a left seatback in Black, take the cover off the Black one and put the Taupe cover on it. Keep in mind what I said earlier about the way the seatback trim pieces differ between the left and right seat. On the sides, towards the bottom, on each cover, one side is cut higher in a semi-circle fashion to accomodate the release lever mechanism and cover, while on the other side the fabric is brought down further because there's only a nut attaching the seatback to the cushion assembly. The effect of doing this is that you expose a little more (maybe an inch) of the metal arm on the seatback than normally appears. It's really no big deal though since that side faces inward towards the center console. Plus, you could always paint the metal arm if you wanted. The metal arm has a black plastic sleeve that slides over it, but it only goes up so far. On my LX seats, about 1/2" of the metal was exposed, which I painted black. You would be very hard pressed to notice any difference and would probably never know unless I told you.
                    Last edited by beachnut; 09-05-2003, 02:22 PM.
                    Scott
                    '98 Volvo V70 T5
                    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

kewl

Comment

WTF new mx3 parts for cheap as hell!! OMG i'm going to order me some of these interior panels....i guess i should call them and ask about colors though b/c their site descriptions are pretty vauge
                        93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                        02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                        05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by FESTIVAS RULE
                          WTF new mx3 parts for cheap as hell!! OMG i'm going to order me some of these interior panels....i guess i should call them and ask about colors though b/c their site descriptions are pretty vauge
                          :rofl: I like the screenname!
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

isnt it great? altho ud think hed have something about an mx3 considering he sold the damned festiva

Comment

Working...
                            X