Got my new MX3 seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beachnut
    Yep my seats look just like yours, except they're black leather - w00t!

Yes, all 92-93 GS MX3's have these seats, the 94+ seats look like Dave's. The 93 GS 25th Anniversary was made in limited number in CA and the US. I couldn't get rails from the surplus place, that's why I'm trying to use my rails. Anyway, hopefully Dave's got me covered there and finds a set of MX3 rails.
    i hope you like sticking to your seats in a hot sweaty way......and then peeling yourself out on those hot and humid Florida days...

So the seats came without rails at all...i get it.

Comment

he will be ok .. I think he has a/c
      anyone in florida without a/c and/or tints is crazy lol
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

What are you going to do about the rea seats? Have them custom made in leather? Or did you get the MX3 rears in leather also?
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

the only leather seats i'd get are from saab wiht the holes and the fan adn the lack of stickage.... mahooeyyy those are nice leather seats!
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

I just put in my 95 MX3 seats tonite, and they are sweet as hell.

ALOT lower than the stock, but I am 6'1" and I need the room
            The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

sweet deal, and youy made it over. yay!!
              When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
              Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
              Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
              So his engine he goosed
              With much too much boost,
              And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Not too bad, only paid 25 a piece

wanted another 25 for rear set, but they were split, so IM looking for another to match
                The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                  i hope you like sticking to your seats in a hot sweaty way......and then peeling yourself out on those hot and humid Florida days...

So the seats came without rails at all...i get it.
                  Well, I haven't done any peeling yet

Right now I've a got a "leaning" passenger MX3 seat and my old LX driver's seat ... looks stupid
                  Scott
                  '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
                  '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
                  '98 Volvo V70 T5
                  '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    he will be ok .. I think he has a/c
                    anyone in florida without a/c and/or tints is crazy lol
                    Oh yeah, AC is a major priority here, even without leather seats. I was going to go 5% tint but ended up with 15%. The previous owner had 5% and I had trouble seeing at night.
                    Scott
                    '98 Volvo V70 T5
                    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
                      What are you going to do about the rea seats? Have them custom made in leather? Or did you get the MX3 rears in leather also?
                      The surplus place doesn't have the MX3 rear seats in leather, but they do have both parts in the black cloth with the red panel inserts. I thought real hard about it when I was still contemplating the black cloth for the front. There where two problems I saw with the MX3 rear seats though:

1. The bottom bench part of the seat will fit without a problem (or so I've been told). Your passengers will sit lower on the MX3 bench though and that might pose a problem with the fitment of the rear seatbelt shoulder straps. Since they're anchored at a certain height to correspond to the LX bench height, the straps would probably come up farther on the necks of your rear passengers with the MX3 bench. Since my rear passengers are my two little kids, I wasn't too keen about that.

2. The seat back part from an MX3 does not split 60/40 and it's flat all the way across the top (no headrests). I didn't even know whether it would fit or not since nobody that I know of has ever tried it. If it did fit, then my seat bolsters wouldn't match, and they would have to be recovered. The surplus place doesn't have ANY bolsters at all, for MX3's or Pro's.

Bottom line - too many negatives. I'm going to have my LX rear seats reupholstered in black leatherette (vinyl) eventually.
                      Last edited by beachnut; 08-31-2003, 11:26 AM.
                      Scott
                      '98 Volvo V70 T5
                      '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                        the only leather seats i'd get are from saab wiht the holes and the fan adn the lack of stickage.... mahooeyyy those are nice leather seats!
                        Yep, I had a '91 900 turbo for a few years and I loved those seats, "Elmo" leather iirc (not the little red guy, lol).
                        Scott
                        '98 Volvo V70 T5
                        '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by beachnut
                          The surplus place doesn't have the MX3 rear seats in leather, but they do have both parts in the black cloth with the red panel inserts. I thought real hard about it when I was still contemplating the black cloth for the front. There where two problems I saw with the MX3 rear seats though:

1. The bottom bench part of the seat will fit without a problem (or so I've been told). Your passengers will sit lower on the MX3 bench though and that might pose a problem with the fitment of the rear seatbelt shoulder straps. Since they're anchored at a certain height to correspond to the LX bench height, the straps would probably come up farther on the necks of your rear passengers with the MX3 bench. Since my rear passengers are my two little kids, I wasn't too keen about that.

2. The seat back part from an MX3 does not split 60/40 and it's flat all the way across the top (no headrests). I didn't even know whether it would fit or not since nobody that I know of has ever tried it. If it did fit, then my seat bolsters wouldn't match, and they would have to be recovered. The surplus place doesn't have ANY bolsters at all, for MX3's or Pro's.

Bottom line - too many negatives. I'm going to have my LX rear seats reupholstered in black leatherette (vinyl) eventually.
                          I might be mistaken, but don't they only have rear bucket seats (holds 2)?
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Hey Beach...I bought the bolts to level out your MX-3 seats. I just need to find a little extra time to get the spacers cut. PM so I can know that you still need them.

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                              I might be mistaken, but don't they only have rear bucket seats (holds 2)?
                              ya kinda, the rear seat is molded like buckets, but still one peice.

Comment

Yep, one piece .... and I'd say that your rear passengers would sit at least 2" lower, maybe more, versus the Protege bench.
                                Scott
                                '98 Volvo V70 T5
                                '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Working...
                                X