Got my new MX3 seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new MX3 seats

Holy sheit ... these babies are SO sweet! I got a hookup on some brand new 25th anniversary black leather ones. Only thing I had to do was swap a driver's cushion leather trim piece onto the passenger's cushion. They didn't have a passenger cushion in the leather, and they didn't have the passenger cushion trim piece either, but they did have the passenger cushion in taupe cloth and several driver's cushion covers in leather. I had to remove the taupe cloth cover and install the leather cover. It's not too hard, but requires hog-ring pliers and rings and a little bit of know-how. I'm getting pretty good at it though since I had already recovered my LX seats with brand new oem gray covers. (Btw, my LX seats will be up for sale very soon and they're really nice - just like new). It was kinda funky and I had to patch a couple of holes on the side too, but it looks fine. The rest of the seat pieces didn't need any altering. My biggest problem now is that I either need MX3 rails or I need to find the member fallintoshadow from the old board. He was talking about making some adapters. But I can tell you that the Pro rails *fit*, but they don't work. The seats lean to the middle. I only have the passenger seat in right now. I'll get some pics up when I'm done.
    Scott
    '94 Protege LX - gone, but not forgotten
    '96 Volvo 854T Platinum Limited Edition
    '98 Volvo V70 T5
    '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Awsome! Can't wait to see what they look like! I think this is going to be my next "mod". I've been wanting MX3 seats forever. I just need to get down to the junkyard and go searching.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Well, if somebody wants a BRAND NEW set of MX3 seats, you can get them from these guys:

漂亮的保姆5免费观看_花季传媒APP一天免费看三次_疯狂的交换小雅小姿1~6_一本久久综合亚洲鲁鲁五月天_女人被男人吃奶到高潮_国产无人区码卡二卡三卡免费_老头猛的挺进她莹莹她的体内视频

A word of warning though - they only have what they have, nothing more. You have to make it work with what they have left. The way it stands now, their limiting factor is that they only have one passenger seat cushion remaining and it's in taupe cloth. If you want the leather, then you have to do what I did. The other alternative is the black cloth with the red striping panel inserts, but you will still have to remove the taupe cover and install the black cloth one. They have enough of the other seat parts in leather or black to make several more sets of each, but once that last passsenger cushion is gone, you'd have to at least get that part from a junkyard and recover it. Anyway, I paid $300 total - that's all the parts, shipping, and a $50 surcharge for orders under $2,000. Normally they don't sell retail, only wholesale, therefore the surcharge. If you need help with the part numbers or anything, let me know.
      Scott
      '98 Volvo V70 T5
      '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by beachnut
        Well, if somebody wants a BRAND NEW set of MX3 seats, you can get them from these guys:

漂亮的保姆5免费观看_花季传媒APP一天免费看三次_疯狂的交换小雅小姿1~6_一本久久综合亚洲鲁鲁五月天_女人被男人吃奶到高潮_国产无人区码卡二卡三卡免费_老头猛的挺进她莹莹她的体内视频

A word of warning though - they only have what they have, nothing more. You have to make it work with what they have left. The way it stands now, their limiting factor is that they only have one passenger seat cushion remaining and it's in taupe cloth. If you want the leather, then you have to do what I did. The other alternative is the black cloth with the red striping panel inserts, but you will still have to remove the taupe cover and install the black cloth one. They have enough of the other seat parts in leather or black to make several more sets of each, but once that last passsenger cushion is gone, you'd have to at least get that part from a junkyard and recover it. Anyway, I paid $300 total - that's all the parts, shipping, and a $50 surcharge for orders under $2,000. Normally they don't sell retail, only wholesale, therefore the surcharge. If you need help with the part numbers or anything, let me know.
        I think I'd be better off going junkyard hunting, don't really have $300 to plop down on seats, BUT they would be brand new!:D I think if I was going to spend $300 on seats I would rather get the Sparco ones like (I think) Tweaks has.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya. I've looked and looked, pretty much ever since I bought my Pro. I wanted some Sparco Torino's, but at like $600 each I said "forget that". The only racing seats you'll get for $300 a pair on eBay are knock-offs, not that's there's anything wrong with that, but most of them are cheap for a reason. When I stumbled across these leather seats, I was like "wouldn't that be nice!"
          Scott
          '98 Volvo V70 T5
          '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
            I think I'd be better off going junkyard hunting, don't really have $300 to plop down on seats, BUT they would be brand new!:D I think if I was going to spend $300 on seats I would rather get the Sparco ones like (I think) Tweaks has.
            racing seats are going in the Protege, but those are nice seats ya got there buddy
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Whats going on guys?

Marc93lx, I've got Tenzo-R seats. They're not too bad they give good support. Only $500 shipped. The only complaint i have about them is that the plastic peices that the belts go through come apart easily, but that can be fixed with some good glue. Oh and also the Black is starting to fade from the sun beating down on them...

Comment

Scott,

Why did you have to change the rails at all? are the 25th anniv seats post 93? If so, then i understand. but i think they are 93...like mine
                Attached Files

Comment

did the mx-3 change between 92 and 93?? i ahve a friend who is about to get a set of 92 seats for his protege. should i warn him about somehting?
                  When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
                  Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
                  Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
                  So his engine he goosed
                  With much too much boost,
                  And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                    did the mx-3 change between 92 and 93?? i ahve a friend who is about to get a set of 92 seats for his protege. should i warn him about somehting?
                    IIRC the 92-93 look like MazdaRacers, after 93 they look like cablemirc's.
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

why change the rail's was more of my question.... for 92, and 93 do you need custom rails to make the seats work???

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by Protoss
                        why change the rail's was more of my question.... for 92, and 93 do you need custom rails to make the seats work???
                        nope, took me a whole 15 mins to pull out the LX seats and drop in the 92-93 MX3 seats. Even the connector plug for the seatbelts dash idiot light was plug and play.

Comment

do u guys know if mx3 seats are just a "plug and play" type of deal for the 2nd gens?

Comment

well if you know a buddy with a first gen see if his seats fit in your car. if they do then booya, yes they will if not, you will have to go custom bracket.

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                              Scott,

Why did you have to change the rails at all? are the 25th anniv seats post 93? If so, then i understand. but i think they are 93...like mine
                              Yep my seats look just like yours, except they're black leather - w00t!

Yes, all 92-93 GS MX3's have these seats, the 94+ seats look like Dave's. The 93 GS 25th Anniversary was made in limited number in CA and the US. I couldn't get rails from the surplus place, that's why I'm trying to use my rails. Anyway, hopefully Dave's got me covered there and finds a set of MX3 rails.
                              Scott
                              '98 Volvo V70 T5
                              '03 Mazda MPV GFX

Comment

Working...
                              X