bpt installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bpt installed

Just wanted to let everyone know that the j-spec bpt finally got installed and is running like a raped ape. I had no idea that I would have that kind of excelleration. So if anyone has any questions about the swap just ask and I will help. Or if you need to know what needs to be swapped from your american engine to the jspec let me know.
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

any pics man???? is it the gt-r or the gt-x???
    .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
    225.94wtq
    torque monster!!!!
    dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
    http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Did you use the NA head? I think Im gonna do it.
      2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Acceleration*
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Thanks on the grammatical correction... ass... gtx, with gtx head[ gtx, with gtx head.
          Last edited by 92_2_fast; 08-05-2004, 04:05 PM. Reason: picture didn't show

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
            Thanks on the grammatical correction... ass... gtx, with gtx head[ gtx, with gtx head.
            Where you calling him an ass for correcting you? or is that just a mistake.

It was your mistake in the first place, you don't have get rude about being corrected.
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Sorry, didnt mean to offend you. If I spelt a word wrong I'd like to know the proper way. Anyways, have fun with the motor!
              James G.
              sobe83@yahoo.com
              AIM: DVS 323BPT
              MySpace
              Cardomain
              <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this forum but I'm interested to make my pro 91 lx a bpt (american engine to j-spec) , I have some questions:

Where do you get the engine or the parts and how many cost you?
                It is dificult to do make this swap?
                What parts do I need to make the swap? I'm just looking for the GTX performance and my BP has 120K miles on it.

any help will be apreciated!

if will be more easer for you, e-mail me at Bobby456GT@yahoo.com
                Last edited by RTS; 09-15-2004, 10:33 PM.

Comment

did your bpt come with a harness, or did you use the BP one?

Are you running the safc II yet? I am going to run that as well and was wondering was it hard to get it in?
                  The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

are you running stock vaf
                    if so did u have to tune it?

Comment

Originally posted by RTS
                      Hi, I'm new to this forum but I'm interested to make my pro 91 lx a bpt (american engine to j-spec) , I have some questions:

Where do you get the engine or the parts and how many cost you?
                      It is dificult to do make this swap?
                      What parts do I need to make the swap? I'm just looking for the GTX performance and my BP has 120K miles on it.

any help will be apreciated!

if will be more easer for you, e-mail me at Bobby456GT@yahoo.com

RESEARCH BY USING THE SEARCH LINK, OR SIMPLY GO TO THE 1ST GEN ENGINE/DRIVTRAIN FORUM AND READ THE THREADS.
                      According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by 92_2_fast
                        Just wanted to let everyone know that the j-spec bpt finally got installed and is running like a raped ape. I had no idea that I would have that kind of excelleration. So if anyone has any questions about the swap just ask and I will help. Or if you need to know what needs to be swapped from your american engine to the jspec let me know.
                        How did you connect the TPS, since the BPT has four wires and acts like a Pontentiometer. I ask because I make the swap in a 323 94 but I am using the stock loom and the BP01 ECU.

Comment

To connect the tps you have to swap the throttle bodies. The american t.b. has the same bore as the gtx. So it is a no brainer. But it needs to be off a 1.8 dohc. I am using the stock ecu and harness. The only thing other than the t.b. that needs to be canged is a dual connection on the N.A. engine on the right side. There are to vacuum lines and two wiring harnesses (2-3 wires each) I believe one controlls the fuel pressure regulator. I hooked the brown one of the two to the newe connection on the gtx. This connection is now located by the t-stat. My s-afcII will be installed tomorrow. I just put in my egt and boost gauge. I am still running the stock vaf. I haven't tuned it no. And you didn'y offend me. I was being sarcastic. I have horrible spelling. So I apoligize

Comment

so you cant just swap the tp sensors, you actually hafta switch the whole throttle body? im using the gtx ecu but using the bp wire harness. i thought all you would need to do is swap the sensor over

Comment

The problem is the little thing that sticks out and the TPS reads off of is different. You can actually change them, but I think you have to take off the butterfly valve... etc. It's probably just easier to change the whole throttle body.
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Working...
                              X