car alarm actin up on me (1st gen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car alarm actin up on me (1st gen)

i got my 1st gen with a Viper alarm installed (i think) and it never really worked at all. the button on my remote locks and unlocks the door, but the alarm never worked. when i disconnect the negative side of my battery, and connect it again, the alarm will work (beeps when i lock/unlock the show it is activated/deactivated), until i put the key into the ignition, then after that, it wont work until i disconnect the battery again. then recently, i replaced the fuse for 'radio' because it blew, so after i put in a new fuse, the alarm works. however, when im driving, the locks will lock randomly, and every once in a while, the alarm will just go off while im driving. looks like im friggen stealing my own car, anyone have any ideas what's going on?

one thing i notice is this yellow wire that comes down near my pedal area that goes to nothing... i think it was connected to something in the fusebox... but iono whats up. help me!

Impossible to diagnose in type, sounds to me like it was a hacker install, wires should NEVER be loose or not loomed or worst of all, tapped into a fuse in the fuse bax...

I suggest you take it to a professional alarm shop and have them check it out.

Comment

Working...
    X