Intake connector sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake connector sizes

Alright, so I got my SRI a week or so ago, but they sent me those ugly yellow rubber connectors and hose. I plan on buying some other colors of connectors, but I don't really feel like taking the connectors off and measuring them, putting them back on, going to the hardware store, then taking then off again. So anyway, here's the question: Does anyone know what sizes those connectors are? I need sized on both the ones for the MAF and the one that fits the throttle body. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

well it all depends on what size piping you have... most likely I would say 2.5". And while you are at the store... pick me up 2 blue ones... I cannot get them anywhere around this place. Right now my CAI is ghetto rigged with some sort of tractor hose. Yeah I live in the country. About 40 auto parts stores... and I got a tractor part.

Comment

I mean the size of the ends that taper down to connect to the MAF and throttle body.

Comment

oh mine don't taper.... I have the 1.6L... mine only gets bigger to 3" for the filter.

Comment

If you have an ES, its 3 inches for everything.... although depending on the type of conector, the inside or outside diameter varies slightly, however nothing a hose clamp wont fix.
          Silver 2001 Protege ES
          5-speed manual
          4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
          Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

its not 3" for everything, i dont think. my old aem went from the air filter(3") to the maf which i believe was 2" then back to 3" all the way to the throttle body which went back to 2". if im not mistaken
            2003 protege dx; black mica
            titanium tip thermal exhaust
            k&n typhoon complete CAI
            custom engine dress up
            custom interior dress up
            5" autometer tach-silver face
            20% solar tint all around
            obx stainless steel headers
            stainless steel strut bar
            Racers Design shift knob w/custom short shifter
            17" MSR-105 gunmetal wheels, nitto neo-gen tires205/40zr17

Comment