Widest??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widest??

What is the widest size tire that I can put on my stock 14" LX 1st gen rims?? I think i saw some 205/45/14s somewhere but I dont remember. I dont want to do a rim any bigger than 15, for performance. I dont have no money right now for rims as well, just tires. Will 205/45/15s fit on the 14" tire?
    Eat ****.

Re: Widest??

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
    What is the widest size tire that I can put on my stock 14" LX 1st gen rims?? I think i saw some 205/45/14s somewhere but I dont remember. I dont want to do a rim any bigger than 15, for performance. I dont have no money right now for rims as well, just tires. Will 205/45/15s fit on the 14" tire?
    The '15' in 205/45/15s is the wheel diameter. 205/45/15s will not fit on a 14" diameter wheel. Please look at some of the on-line tire store. They have detail info on how to read tire sizes.
    Randy
    Sand Mica
    2002.5 ES A/T
    Texas Spokes Sports Car Club
    HS 26

Comment

i know how to read tire sizes. On my old blazer I ran 10" wide tires on 7" wide rims, so I thought maybe a 15" diameter tire would fit on a 14" rim. Guess not, but thanks anyways
      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
        i know how to read tire sizes. On my old blazer I ran 10" wide tires on 7" wide rims, so I thought maybe a 15" diameter tire would fit on a 14" rim. Guess not, but thanks anyways
        SUV tires sometimes use a secondary way to measure wheels.

Car tires all use the standard, section width, section percentage, diameter

diameter MUST match the wheel, no exception.
        "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
        -93 MR2, 129 ES
        ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
        Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Rim width and rim diameter are two entirely different things.

"Mazderati"
          91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
          Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
          Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
          AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

go to www.whalentire.com They have a program that you put in your model and year and it gives you the stock tire size. Then you input what size rim you want and the tire size and it tells you how accurate your spedometer will be.

The way I see it if you want to run 205, just get a 15" wheel. and run a 205/50 . Either that or you can run a 195/50 on the 14" wheel..
            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
            X