Headlights diming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights diming

So I'm sure all of you with power windows have noticed that the headlights dim a little when you hit your window switch. Anyone figured out how to fix this? I thought grounding wires might help, and they did a litte, but didn't totally fix it. Now this is no biggie, but it just kinda bugs me. Just wandering if anyone else has come up with the solution.

Mine does the same.... also when I turn AC on.

Comment

Same here. I installed an Ebay grounding kit and helped a little. Not that big a deal.
      Tony
      Intense Performance
      Mazda Club
      of South Florida

www.ipmcsfl.com
      www.responsenegative.com
      www.cystband.com

I'm happy because Dima speeds, which makes him happy. He seems to be happy only when speeding, which makes me happy. And when I'm happy people around me are able to live another day. If you are alive right now, you should thank Dima.

Comment

Try a grounding kit and a better battery. The culprit is our rather weak alternators.
        Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

You might want to consider a heavy duty headlight wiring harness such as sold by: www.suvlights.com

If you're interested, you can find more info and a how-to at:
          02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
          MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
          MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
          Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
          MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
          Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
          Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
          Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
          Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
          Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
          Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
          Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
          Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Grounding kit grounding kit... It's covered over int he protege5.com forums, and if you're lazy and have a bill to drop, 1sty over there makes excellent protege-specific ones. atleast you can look at them and get ideas of where to ground. This type of thing's always going to happen to some extent, it draws alot of current period. Actually according to the owner's manual, you shouldn't do more than 2 windowas at one either...

However a grounding kit will indeed minimise alot of what you're talking about. Added bonus of stereo dimming minimised as well... My g/f and I both have P5's and between the two of ours, mine with a grounding kit, hers not, there's a bit mroe smoothness as well..

Comment

The search function of this site is awesome. One could find all types of good information using SEARCH
              <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
              AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

get a high amp alternator, that will help as well... seems like a lot of money to make your lights not dim when you roll the windows down tho ...
                2003.5 Protege - Project Car
                1993 Probe SE - Daily Driver

Comment

yea, I don't find it to be a big deal at all.... as a matter of fact... it doesn't bother me at all.... 4 years of it has just grown on me.

Comment

Originally posted by JHew84
                    get a high amp alternator, that will help as well... seems like a lot of money to make your lights not dim when you roll the windows down tho ...

too bad they don't have one that works flawlessly for 3rd gen proteges if you want more info about that, search for my name and alternator in the car audio or car electronics sections.

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                      too bad they don't have one that works flawlessly for 3rd gen proteges if you want more info about that, search for my name and alternator in the car audio or car electronics sections.
                      really? wow that is quite suprising, i will definitly do some more research on this, thanks for the info man...
                      2003.5 Protege - Project Car
                      1993 Probe SE - Daily Driver

Comment

And we're all still amazed that he's yet to nuke his electrical system...

Comment

I haven't noticed this problem in my 03 P5...
                          http://members.cardomain.com/forevernhim
                          http://www.menofgod.us

Comment

First off welcome to the forum...

Mostly I wouldn't have noticed it at all if it weren't for me pushing over 1KW of power daily... Blue, however... he's run upwards of 4 I believe... that's 4THOUSAND watts....

Comment

Try different ground points and different ground methods. The daisy "chain method" as patented by Sunmicrosystems is not as effective as just having all your grounds lead to the terminal.
                              2002 Blackmica P5
                              CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Working...
                              X