Why I dont drive a civic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I dont drive a civic.

As this is my first post, greetings and salutations to all.

A friend of mine just bought a 91 civic four door, 1.5 16 valve.

So we took a ride into the country, he in his honda, me in my 93 b6.

Well, after 12-15 runs he needed some aloe vera to help soothe the pain my spanking had caused.

The only real 'mod' on my car is a 2" exhaust, and a set of rims and tires.

My buddy went home with sixteen valves, I went home with my pride.
    If forced to choose between cocky and humble, always opt for cocky.

There will be plenty of time to be humble when you're shown to be horribly, horribly wrong.

welcome to clubprotege, and yes we know "most" hondas are slow. Just be glad he didnt slip a vtec in there on ya.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I woulda known, he would have had me install it...
      Its hard to surprise your friends when they know more than you.

Honda, the land that torque forgot.

There will be plenty of time to be humble when you're shown to be horribly, horribly wrong.

Comment

What do you have a 323 ..... ?

Your name is familiar.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

actually, none of the 4 door 1.5L cars came with 16v motors.
          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
          -93 MR2, 129 ES
          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

Yes its a 93 323, but I dont think I know you, I just picked the name.

" A sleeker and more powerful Civic lineup debuted in 1988. All Civics (except the CRX) rode on a longer 98.4-inch wheelbase. The CRX's wheelbase was increased to 90.6 inches.

A lower hoodline, increased glass area and lower wind drag were functional advantages of the sleeker body styles. A family of new engines complemented the stylish Civics. Power for the DX hatchback/sedan, new LX sedan and the wagon came from a 1.5-liter 16-valve engine that produced 92 horsepower. The base hatchback had a less powerful 70-horsepower version of that engine. The fuel-economy champ CRX HF had an eight-valve 62-horse version of the 1.5 that could go up to 56 miles on a gallon of gas. The standard CRX had the 92-horse engine. A high-performance 1.6-liter 16-valve engine that kicked out 105 horsepower was installed in the CRX Si and Civic 4WD wagon. All Civic engines were now fuel injected. Previously, only the "Si" models had the injection. "

That took me all of a minute to look up.

Thank you for arguing my first post.

Next time, drop your pants, your voice wont be muffled when you talk out of your ass.

Comment

Uh hello and welcome to this place..........screw a civic.....
              "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

LOL@ Smackdaddy, but I dont think on your first 3 posts you should insult people in your rebuttle. Jesse knows his ****, but everybody slips up sometimes.

Nice kills though, those 4 door 4th gen civics are slow as all hell. Including the ex's with the 1.6L. ANd yes the ex in 91 (I think) came with the 1.6L d16a6.
                Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SmackDaddy
                  Yes its a 93 323, but I dont think I know you, I just picked the name.

" A sleeker and more powerful Civic lineup debuted in 1988. All Civics (except the CRX) rode on a longer 98.4-inch wheelbase. The CRX's wheelbase was increased to 90.6 inches.

A lower hoodline, increased glass area and lower wind drag were functional advantages of the sleeker body styles. A family of new engines complemented the stylish Civics. Power for the DX hatchback/sedan, new LX sedan and the wagon came from a 1.5-liter 16-valve engine that produced 92 horsepower. The base hatchback had a less powerful 70-horsepower version of that engine. The fuel-economy champ CRX HF had an eight-valve 62-horse version of the 1.5 that could go up to 56 miles on a gallon of gas. The standard CRX had the 92-horse engine. A high-performance 1.6-liter 16-valve engine that kicked out 105 horsepower was installed in the CRX Si and Civic 4WD wagon. All Civic engines were now fuel injected. Previously, only the "Si" models had the injection. "

That took me all of a minute to look up.

Thank you for arguing my first post.

Next time, drop your pants, your voice wont be muffled when you talk out of your ass.
                  Great, you win at being Knowledgeable of honda engines and Jesse wins at not being a asshole...

...anyway welcome to the club, just try to be a little nicer when pointing out other peoples mistakes.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

You don't "slip in VTEC"
                    and you can't help in install it.
                    It's far beyond your grasp.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerspeedmp3
                      You don't "slip in VTEC"
                      and you can't help in install it.
                      It's far beyond your grasp.
                      I think they both meant "slip a vtec engine in"

but i guess i should let them speak for themselves?

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

that would make more sense. and i wouldn't have commented in that case

Comment

wow, i come back to some harshness. nice kill! another honda bites the dust, but you are lucky he didn't have a b16, or you would have been owned. v-tec can kill, unless your packing an engine like most on this board. welcome, but do have respect for those who were here before you. Jesse's right at a point, but no need for harshness.
                          i hate being broke!

Comment

First, it was meant as jestfull comment. I implied that he (jesse) had 'spoken out of his ass', which I don't really consider an insult, more an observation,you dont have to be dumb to do it. I'm a little surprised at the attention, I dont see what the fuss is about.

Where I'm from; **Declarative statement of fact(actually, none of the 4 door 1.5L cars came with 16v motors)**-**Actual basis in reality(established/none)**=**Talking out of your ass**

I know little about honda engines, but, judging from the facts neither does jesse, thats ok, neither of us had much use for that information, I know nothing of the indigenous wildlife of Borneo.

But, I didn't wade into a discussion acting as authority on the subject either, most people I know consider that to be rude.

And Im sorry if my subtle attempt at irony was lost on some of you. Let me spell it out s l o w l y. Ive read alot of the board, how many times has jesse posted "use the search tool", and when jesse doesnt use a search engine, what would that be?

If your answer was c) hypocrisy you are correct!

Sarcasm like sex, rarely works over the internet.

Great, you win at being Knowledgeable of honda engines and Jesse wins at not being a asshole...

108, as long as the advice is flowing, heres a tip, dont call someone an asshole in the first sentence if you expect them to take the second one seriously.
                            Actually I'm a smartass, not an asshole.

And yes, I assumed he meant an engine.

So to reiterate, hello to everyone, sorry if everyone got their panties in a bunch, lighten up.

Oh, and stickerspeed:
                            "and you can't help in install it.
                            It's far beyond your grasp."

Like your hold on english.

Was that harsh? I mean its a response to an insult, I try to be nice and all I get is a couple of hellos, critized, insulted, judged, look at what you have reduced me too.
                            Last edited by SmackDaddy; 08-13-2004, 03:49 AM.

Comment

I belong to many other forums, this being my second Mazda one. I'll admit, I know the basics about Protege's, that's all. In fact, I do own a B16, in my 99 Civic Si, and anytime I go to another forum of a different automotive maker, I make sure I know just a little bit of what I'm talking about. Sure, maybe he meant one thing, and just said it wrong, no biggy. But if you came to one of the many Honda forums, for whatever reason, you'd probably correct someone that was talking about a car they knew nothing about, especially if you owned this type of car. Offense taken by anyone? *shrug*

The reason I'm on this website is to find a guy I know that bull****s about his Protege to everyone I know, including myself. If/when I find him, I want to see what kind of bull**** he feeds those of you out there that wouldn't be able to see it. Then dime him out. Sure, sounds mean, oh well.

Notice that I haven't responded to any other threads besides the cool guy that thinks beating a WRX around a turn is a milestone. To each his own eh?

*sigh*...alright, all done venting for a while. I'll go back to the peanut gallery and watch now. Later.

Comment

Working...
                              X