Raising the ride height ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising the ride height ?

Right I need some more ground clearance on my 323, I currently have ZX2 struts and standard springs, this results in 3-4" ground clearance to my sump guard (this is a rally car) Ideally I'd like another 2" of clearance.

Does anyone now of any uprated standard height springs (they should raise the front end) or of any front struts that have uprated damping AND increased ride height ? The regulations in my class of rallying state that I cannot now fit adjustable platform suspension so I am stuck for options really. Not to mention the problem of the shock absorber shaft in the ZX2 struts barely being long enough for the standard springs let alone something a little taller !

Oh yes the suspension mounting point must remain standard so gaining + 10mm from adjutable strut tops is not an option either (it was an expensive one before I got clarification on the rules!!)

~ Mike

P.S its a '91 BG chassis 3 door Gti

You will have to go back to the Factory struts to get your clearance back. Why don't you try some 323 GTR struts. I think they may be valved a bit stiffer than the GTI and GTX.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

GTR struts do not fit , ZX2 struts did not change the ride height, its just the damper rod itself that is shorter to suit the shorter springs on the ZX"

I have tried GTR springs but the spring perch is different on a GTR as they resulted in a 3" drop on my car ! Like I said it isn't at all low at the moment I just want more clearance than standard

Comment

Are you sure it didn't change the ride height. I would figure if the Piston/Rod is shorter that it would not go up as far as a stock piston.

I really don't know of any springs that are taller than stock. You may have to contact a rally racing team that may have had them specially made and may be willing to part with them.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

not many people rallying the GTX in the UK I'm afraid (only a handfull ever sold in the UK and a few imports now) Yes, I'm sure the ZX struts don't change the ride height, the spring platforms are the same height as standard ones (I checked) and I am using standard springs.

Comment

there are doughnouts that you can put above or below the springs that boosts the hight
            If you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk

Comment

hes busy aiming his EDM/JDM lights............
              The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

get coilovers.
                Tag Team

Comment

he allready stated that isnt an option.

Comment

i can't read
                    Tag Team

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                        he allready stated that isnt an option.
                        lol, he is running out of options huh..
                        Damn did Dave finish aiming his headlights yet ....

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

does anyone know the uncompressed length of GTX springs ? I've had a set of GTR springs on the car previously and they lowered it 2-3" !!

Comment

Working...
                          X