Accelerometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accelerometer

Im thinking about getting one of the g-tech pro accelerometers to measure hp, et and stuff.
    I have seen them on ebay for $50, and think one would be pretty cool.

What do you guys think? I know people were very displeased with the old models but these new ones are suposed to be much more accurete 1% error on et.

HOw about some alternatives.

It sounds like a cool toy but I'm very skeptical about how it actually works.

Comment

Evrybody has an opinion.
      I've found mine to be fairly accurate. Whether or not it's right on the money with real world 1/4 mile times isn't so important. It's best used as to generate relative times, before and after engine mods.

Think that CAI you just put in really made a difference? Now you can know.

Comment

I have no opinion on it, it just sounded a bit too good to be true, so I'm skeptical. If it really works that's great, I just don't know enough about them.

Comment

JUst take one to a strip and record all your quarter times and compare them with your time slips.
          Ryan The middle child is always ignored
          BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
          Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

i have one...in my 2nd gen 1.5L said i put about 83HP and 86lbs of torque down to the wheels stock, which i prolly damn close to what im supposed to have...also the shift light is a monster, i love it

IM me if u have any questions: StreetSoldier185

Comment

How does it work wouldnt the gearing screw up the torqe reading?
              Hp would still be dead on though. From what I have read you should just be able to drive normaly right.

Comment

my buddy has one and ran it when he ran his car at the track, it recorded the same time the track did, i think it was off by 1 thousandth of a second. but thats close enough for me.

Comment

i thought the new ones worked off of a GPS of some sort? and it had an internal timer and just kept track of how far you have gone and stopped at a 1/4 mile, could have been some prototype babble i heard tho, who knows... i think its a cool concept, but i still doubt how accurate it really is for the most part, there is so many factors that really go into it, elevation, angle of the road, whether or not its totally straight, traction on said road, its still cool tho, and for 50 bucks could prove to be a cool little toy to impress people with :p, so long as your fast haha...
                  2003.5 Protege - Project Car
                  1993 Probe SE - Daily Driver

Comment

I don't think any GPS is accurate enough yet to time things to tenths of a second or down to feet travelled.

Comment

Working...
                    X