ic pipe 2 t.b.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ic pipe 2 t.b.

does anyone know where I can find-or have made- the turbo pipe for the gtx that goes to the throttle body? And where is the bov located on a jspec gtx? Is it befor or after the intercooler, cuase I need one that is after. Thanx
    Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Any performance shop and possibly a good muffler shop should be able to do this for you. You could always buy your own piping from JcWhitney and have the shop install it.
    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Whats so hard about installing intercooler pipeing? All you need is a metal saw, your bends, a couple of silicone connectors, and some T-bolt clamps. Be leary of worm drive clamps as under too much boost they will start to leak and blow off. Although they are good for ~ 7=10 PSI IIRC.

Comment

installation isn't a problem. Its lack of resources. If I could I would bend/weld/fabricate all the pieces myself, but I don't have the equiptment. I have seen some of these swaps were the person got most of the gtx i.c. piping and the project looked very clean and nice. The problem why I need one is because the piece of pipe that connected the bov was crushed due to high tension t-bolt clamps. If anyone has a stock gtx pipe or is upgrading there pipes please let me know.

Comment

All that I am saying is that you don't need fancy equipment. If you have a hack-saw you can do it yourself. Granted you allready have ordered at least one U-bend. Thats probably all you'd need and Three silicone connectors, and ~ 6 clamps.

The pice you are needing is the one that is posted in the Vacum problem thread right? If so one U-bend will do you just fine. The only thing you'd have to worry about is putting the other hose on the tube, which is covered in mazdaracers intake how-to on his website.
          Last edited by Tweeaks; 08-13-2004, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Yah thts the pipe I need. So why would I need the U bend? That bend is to go into the i.c.. Coming out of it I used a 90 and a 45. I angled the 45 up to the throttle body. And by the way you now have 666 posts. I was using a pice of hard plastic piping to connect the 45 and the silicone hose. That made it easy to drill a hole for the bov and the line for the wastegate. But the plastic couldn't hold the pressure from the clamp and it leaks under boost. I have decide to make a new piece using aluminum tubing.I will install it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X