Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ole pro front suspension is goin bad i THINK???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ole pro front suspension is goin bad i THINK???

I dont know what it is but when I turn really hard left it sounds like something IS popin or stressing and when I turn right to straightin up the popin is not that worst... DOes anyone know what Im talkin about??? It like a popin noise or thumpin... It cant be my cv joint I replaced them like 8months ago... Im thinkin my axel Dont know need help it sound like it is getting wrost every week...
    Last edited by ProjectProtege; 08-14-2004, 02:27 PM.
    Ratrod

ball joint, your rims since they have wide tires, will quicken the wear on the joints, replce it you will feel smoother cornering

and your post makes no sence fix it
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Are ball joints alot of money and would they be hard to change
      Ratrod

Comment

comas are your friend.

Check your axles and your tie rods. You can also check your balljoints to. As a matter of fact check your whole front end.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

They are easy as hell to install. You will need a 14mm socket and wrench, a 17mm socket and wrench, and a prybar. Take the bolt out of the bottom of the spindle (where it connects the joint) and pry the joint apart. Than remove the two 17mm nuts.
          Too bad I have AWD and you don't!

Comment

buy or rent a balljoint remover, it will save you alot of time and headaches, it looks like a stubby tunning fork

and if you take out your tie rod and plan on keeping it in good condition DO NOT hit the bottom where the threads are trying to push it up thru the wheel spindle, you will cause the threaded part of the tie rod to "blossom" and then the nut wont thread up, then you will need a new tie-rod end

also after all this stuff you will want an alienment done, you will no longer be stright

one more thing to remove your tie rod hit it where its closist to going into the spindle on the top, you wont damage it there, hit from the bottom obviously
            Last edited by Semtex; 08-14-2004, 09:44 PM.

Comment

urgh another tip take off you brakes, both calipers and rotor, take off the caliper with pads and all still inside, another time saver, just tap the caliper off ,after the 2 bolts are removed, on each side going back and forth untill it pops free

Comment

balljoints cost 28 dollars new from autozone
                93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

so if I do the right side I should do the left side too.... O ya I hope this is the problem but not I guess Im goin have to find out be fore I put my 18s on
                  Ratrod

Comment

Okay I change out the ball joints they needed changed bad but there is sitll a popin somewhere on the right of the front suspenison... Still lost and dont know what it is....
                    Ratrod

Comment

check the endlinks
                      -------------------------
                      '91 LX
                      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
                      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
                      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

they look okay but both boots are busted
                        Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                          comas are your friend.
                          hmmm...do you mean commas?

Comment

pics would help a little of the area in question, you boot would cause the axel to click or pop during corners, and if its really bad it would pop when going in a stright line

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex
                              pics would help a little of the area in question, you boot would cause the axel to click or pop during corners, and if its really bad it would pop when going in a stright line
                              Ya I change the ball joints and it still pops when I turn hard it gettin wrost... it has to be the damn endlinks I dont know Im confused and tired of that damn noise.... When I turn hard right and it will pop pop pop and then when I strightin up it pops back into place that is what it soundsl ike... Lol dont know... WHen i put my 18s on Im scared of what noise it goin to make next... LOl
                              Ratrod

Comment

Working...
                              X