CEL WTF i need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL WTF i need help

i washed my car, started it up and now its thowing a CEL and bouncing around alot in revs. it has stalled on me twice and its real jerky.

anyone know? someone please help

Did you wash the engine bay? Sounds like you drowned your plugs.

Comment

the revs drop, and then bounce back up real quick, i looked at the plug wires and everything looks fine to me, all i did was wipe down the valve cover , didnt actually wash the engine bay.

Comment

hmmmmmmm, id say check the plugs wires, and the maf,
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

sound like when I had MAF problem. Just thought I would share.

Comment

well thanks guys, tell me what you think this means, when my girlfriends dad pushes down on my injen CAI it stops doing it, there is still a CEL but it runs great ... when he lets it go so that it sits where it normally sits it starts doing it again and stalls ... any ideas? i was thinking i just need another intake since the injen is gay anyways or is that the MAF? he thinks the gasket thing up top that connects the intake to the intake manifold is leaking somewhere

Comment

Sounds like an air leak.
              Check all the pipe couplings and tighten the **** up.
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yeah ill have to do that thank you, and if that doesnt work im going to put the stock intake back on and see if that fixes it.

Comment

might be an air leak, i suppose that would cause the maf to freak out.
                  .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                  225.94wtq
                  torque monster!!!!
                  dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                  http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                  http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I had to put a seal between the intake and the MAF...supposely there has been a problem with the way the intakes were made and it is not a tight enough fit. Air was leaking from there on mine and once sealed... it was fine. Check this out... http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...ecu+hesitation

Comment

update, i took my front bumper off and removed my air filter, just the filter, and its fine now, the CEL is still there but the car runs perfect like its supposed to, i dont get it, now if i put pressure on the intake pipe it stalls again im still so confused and now its raining so i cant do anything till it stops.

Comment

you are leaking out of the MAF seal...when you take the filter off its releasing any vacuum on the system....get a bicycle inner tube and make a gsket with it..that's been a fix for the injens for a while

Comment

Reset your ECU the check engine light should go away. Souds like it's a MAF leak like everyones been saying.
                          Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

hey theman i gotta an idea, blow me, i read all the ****, i did all the **** and it still has a problem i wouldnt ****ing post the question if i hadnt tried all the answers in your faq and all the **** that everyone else has suggested. i cleared the CEL, i have a inner tube seal around the maf, there is no air leak, and my car was fine for a day and is doing it again, i checked everything over again and so did 3 other people, its all fine so answer that for me oh mighty god of the protege.

as for everyone else im putting the stock intake back on and seeing if that fixes it, if not then it is something else and it just happened at the same time as the intake and thank you all for your answers
                            Last edited by Drackonn; 08-18-2004, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drackonn
                              i was thinking i just need another intake since the injen is gay

there is nothing wrong with the injen, cause I have had it for 2 years and have had no problems, maybe you installed it wrong...anyways, go to autozone or whatever you have, and let them run a free check for you, find out the problem code, and post it....you might get results that way...
                              2000 DX, Blue
                              Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
                              2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

Working...
                              X