Replacement air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement air filter

hey guys, im tryin to find an air filter for my cai that protoss is currently making for me and i found this...

i tried emailing the seller to ask for dimensions but i got no response, i've just sent out another one and hopefully i will get a response this time.

fyi the specs protoss gave me for the items i need are...

3" filter adapter
    3-5" diameter, 6" length cone

will that work? if not, where do i find one that will?

thx for the help!
    Tag Team

if you want to over anylyze the picture you can measer the distance between the bolt holes and compair them to that on your portege to get you the rough idea of the size of both objects in the image..

but your guess sounds close enough.. either way its dirt cheap
    -torp.
    94 Mx-3 1.8l Inline 4
    81 Celica Gt..

Comment

JP for a filter you will need i think K&N will be the only company that has the "perfect" filter. you can make anything work, just be creative. an that filter might not work. it is cheap for a reason.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

yeah, cheap for a reason is a way to put it. i love how they only charge you 7 or 8 bucks for the filter, but include that nice 13 dollar shipping charge and non-optional (most dealers handle it that way) shipping insurance for an additional 3 dollars. and protoss's protest is in vein, as you will have to purchase a ****in filter anyway... ebay sellers currently don't have any listings for just the adapter, it's always a combination of the two. just find the cheapest asking price, it'll run you anywhere up to 25 bucks i would imagine just to get the adapter and filter... what i would recommend if k&n is truely important to you, go and get the filter and adapter package off ebay, then head to your local autoparts store and spend the 30 to 40 on the K&N cone filter adapter. the K&N filter will give you ALOT more flexibility, with alot more flow than that cone filter on ebay. expensive, questionable as to the actual yield, but the adapter with a k&n is the best bet for air flow.
        peace

Comment

where the hell did u all get yours from?? i found this site...
          but i dont wanna pay 20 dollars for that little thing, not to mention +shipping

i called and they said that adapter will work for my 94 pro.
          Tag Team

Comment

this is what I got my adaptor for.

JP do you have this??

So his engine he goosed

Comment

how did u find that?? lol. anyway it kool i picked up one of the other ones i found. im fairly sure it will work. i know for sure it has a 3" opening so if the filter itself doesnt fit i'll get a different one elsewhere. thx tho!
              Tag Team

Comment

13 dollars to ship that little ****...
                I sware some people on ebay..

It is a known fact that you can get people with shipping , but damn yo

get them ... don't bend them over and shove it all the way in ...
                [no homo]
                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

cant we just find that adaptor at home depot? i mean i live like 10 miles for the k&n store in california, so i could go buy one for dirt cheep im sure. mabye ill go to home depot tomorrow ans see that i can dig up...
                  Serenity's Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
                    how did u find that?? lol. anyway it kool i picked up one of the other ones i found. im fairly sure it will work. i know for sure it has a 3" opening so if the filter itself doesnt fit i'll get a different one elsewhere. thx tho!
                    search for "mazda intake"

oh and people need to buy this in they want a CAI

So his engine he goosed

Comment

Working...
                    X