1990 Mazda 4WD Protege for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1990 Mazda 4WD Protege for sale

I have a 1990 Mazda 4WD Protege FOR SALE!!

This car is still in very good condition, with only normal wear and tear on the inside and minor dents on the outside. It is gray inside and outside, and has been taken care of very well by myself since purchasing it in 1999 from it's first owners. At that time, there was only about 66,000 miles on it. There's now just a bit over 110,000 miles on the car now. It hasn't been owned by any smokers, so there is no smoke damage. Also, it is a very reliable car as I have personal taken it from Alaska (where it was purchased) to Denver Colorado (where it currently lives); this was roughly a 4500 mile trip for me. The oil, transmission, brake, etc have all been flushed and filled several times since owning it, and the 4WD system works perfectly without any problems. Manual 5spd - great for car if you're looking to run a GTX or GTR conversion. Asking $2200.

What I've done to it:
    1) I've added an air intake filter to it so it can breath easier
    ....I still have all the old air box items that will go with the car.
    2) I've put in an LX's dash cluster so it has a working RPM meter.
    ....again, I still have the original if wanted.
    3) I installed a stereo system at one point, but was stolen
    ....the original factory radio/cassette player is there now
    ....also, the main power line from the battery to the trunk is still installed

That's about it, but if you have any more specific questions, please feel free to email me at:

booyahzman@yahoo.com

I don't have any pictures at this time, but I am going to try to get some here soon. It's been a great car to me; the only reason I'm selling it is because I have a Mazda 626 now which has become my main car that I drive; I can't drive both at the same time, nor need the Protege anymore. Thanks!

Goodluck man, Im asking the same price for mine with every part out of another 4wd protege. Just looks like people want stuff but dont wanna dish out the cash. Even if theres prob only a few hundred of these left with manual trannies.

Comment

Whoa Jon you have a 4wd for sale?

Sirfei if this car has not sold by october 1st please let me know.
      When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
      Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
      Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
      So his engine he goosed
      With much too much boost,
      And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Well if i can get what im asking for it i will sell it. Its in good condition, Red 5 speed with 2 gearboxes. One that just got rebuilt. And the one in the car shifts 10 times as good as my lx one does. the guy i bought it off had a 4wd before this one and it got to beat up to drive or sell so he went to autozone and looked up every part that was different between the4wd and 2wd then took every part off he could and junked the frame. I would keep it but i have 3 cars now and cant find a place to park my lx. If it doesnt sell i will fix it up abit and drive it for winter. Jon

Comment

Yeah, I saw you were selling a 4WD car too, Itzkcat. Good luck to you as well....

These are always the cars that are the rarest, but also when it comes to wanting to buy em, most don't. I've had this car for going on 5 years, and I absolutely loved it! I lived in Alaska and drove this car for 2-3 of those years there with all the ice and snow, and the 4WD system never let me down. Heck, my parents lived on a driveway that it was hard drive up their FWD Mazda 626 without having to stop and put on chains. the 4WD Protege could stop in the middle of the driveway with a good half-foot of snow on the ground and start and get speed as if it was a paved road (which it wasn't). My parents were so impressed with the car they got themselves a 4WD Protege and drive it instead of the 626 in the winter. Here in Denver, the snow and ice aren't so bad, but it still kept me on track when it came to needing it. There was a blizzard once about a year or so ago, and there were no cars out on the road at all. Just trucks and SUVs; and then me in my Protege

It may not be the fastest with it's stock 103hp engine, but it easy to drop the GTX or GTR engine in it. I was thinking of doing that the protege for a long time, but have come to like the 626 a lot. Plus, I'm not a speed demon-- I'd rather have a loud stereo

Comment

Working...
          X