• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think ED is good? think again!

THEY'RE GREAT!!!

read this:

4,000 watts to a set of "entry subs"

my k's do get loud, and can handle some power...
    tho i don't think we ever pushed them like that guy...
    -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
    >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
    **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

Good God, he had them at a 4 inch excursion!! Blue, your new box kicks ass! I mean it is really LOUD!! Can't wait to hear about what the numbers are when measured. If I had the amount of bass that you have in your car, I would be more than happy! :p: I can't wait to see how the new box sounds with my subs installed. I have to borrow some tools for the cutting for the terminal cups, but otherwise, I would have had them in the box ready to roll. I guess I have to admire them for a while in my aptmnt By the end of this weekend, I will have it in though.
      2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
      KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
      Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
      Groundkit

Comment

yes we should all get ed subs
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
          yes we should all get ed subs
          i agree.
          GROUP BUY!!!
          -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
          >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
          **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

I don't know if they would give us a discount on a groupbuy because they are already inexpensive subs for the performance and sound you get out of them, but that would be nice.

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
              Good God, he had them at a 4 inch excursion!! Blue, your new box kicks ass! I mean it is really LOUD!! Can't wait to hear about what the numbers are when measured. If I had the amount of bass that you have in your car, I would be more than happy! :p: I can't wait to see how the new box sounds with my subs installed. I have to borrow some tools for the cutting for the terminal cups, but otherwise, I would have had them in the box ready to roll. I guess I have to admire them for a while in my aptmnt By the end of this weekend, I will have it in though.

dude, i asked if you needed to borrow my cordless screwdriver or jigsaw. ****, i forgot to give you the weather stripping for around the subs and terminal cups i can't believe i forgot about it i was in such a rush to get back up here, i forgot that back at home. sorry. you'll need to pick some up, if you don't have any. get the thicker foam stuff, usually black. don't get the really soft stuff, cause that doesn't make as good of a seal, IMO. use it for the sub and the terminal cup, so you don't get any air leaks. also, be careful when screwing in the terminal cups, cause i've cracked quite a few from over tightening them with the foam underneath or you could use silicone or liquid nails for the terminal cup, but i prefer a foam seal, so the terminal can easily be reused

i will contact ED and see if they have a group buy discount. maybe something can be worked out

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                dude, i asked if you needed to borrow my cordless screwdriver or jigsaw. ****, i forgot to give you the weather stripping for around the subs and terminal cups i can't believe i forgot about it i was in such a rush to get back up here, i forgot that back at home. sorry. you'll need to pick some up, if you don't have any. get the thicker foam stuff, usually black. don't get the really soft stuff, cause that doesn't make as good of a seal, IMO. use it for the sub and the terminal cup, so you don't get any air leaks. also, be careful when screwing in the terminal cups, cause i've cracked quite a few from over tightening them with the foam underneath or you could use silicone or liquid nails for the terminal cup, but i prefer a foam seal, so the terminal can easily be reused

i will contact ED and see if they have a group buy discount. maybe something can be worked out
                My brother has a lot of nice power tools I can use, but thanks. I wasn't even thinking of weather stripping either, silly me. I got liquid nails from when my old subs separated from cone. I can probably use it for arount the sub too.

Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz

i want 2 A 10" subs, just have to wait til feb though
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                    My brother has a lot of nice power tools I can use, but thanks. I wasn't even thinking of weather stripping either, silly me. I got liquid nails from when my old subs separated from cone. I can probably use it for arount the sub too.

dear god NO!!!!! don't use liquid nails around the sub. that will make it hard as **** to get out, if you need to. my friend used silicone, and had to use a screwdriver to pry it out, and messed up the metal edge of the sub, and the box liquid nails the terminal cup in, but not the sub.

Comment

you can pick up weatherstripping at walmart or homedepot for like a buck,
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

Working...
                      X