engine misses and oil leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine misses and oil leak

Ok guys I looked in the search and there's no thread about what I need help on. My 2nd gen protege when the AC is on and I'm on a red light at idle the engine starts missing almost trying to quit on me, but if I turn the AC off it doesn't miss. What part should I check or what is causing the problem. Also where the distributor cap meets with the valve cover there's oil leaking out looks like the bottom part of it, there's oil all over the distributor cap mostly on the bottom, anybody have had the same problem? if so how can I fix it, help please.

Your distributor is leaking because of the distributor seal. You can either order another one from autozone (if they carry it), your local dealer or www.mazdaformance.com.

As for your a/c being on and the idle being jumpy. That seems to be a common problem with 2nd gen protege. You could try setting up a better grounding system like a lot of people on the board are doing. That may help. Or it could be your car needs a tune up. There are quite a few variables when it comes to that idle problem.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
    X