-1 size on 02.5 ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-1 size on 02.5 ES

Are there any problems in putting 15" wheels on a 2002.5 ES such as the clearance between the wheel and the brake caliper? I would like to use 15"s for autoX due to price weight and gearing
    Randy
    Sand Mica
    2002.5 ES A/T
    Texas Spokes Sports Car Club
    HS 26

I run 15" steel wheels with snow tires on my '02.0 P5 without any issue.
    --JJB--
    '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
    Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
    16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
    15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
    Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

You should have no problems with 15's on your ES . You will just have to find some nice light rims. The sedans ,DX(14's 4bolt and LX 15's 4 bolt ) are the same brakes on the front . so you should have clearance problems in that department.

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
      Motegi MR12 rims in gold
      Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
      MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
      Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
      P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
        You should have no problems with 15's on your ES . You will just have to find some nice light rims. The sedans ,DX(14's 4bolt and LX 15's 4 bolt ) are the same brakes on the front . so you should have clearance problems in that department.
        I am actually concern with the rear. I do know that 14” came on some models and all models have front disk brake.
        Randy
        Sand Mica
        2002.5 ES A/T
        Texas Spokes Sports Car Club
        HS 26

Comment

the rear discs brakes are smaller so if the rims fit the front then they will fit the rear

2001 LX 2.0 Grace green metallic with gold graphics,
          Motegi MR12 rims in gold
          Falken Zeix 502's 205/40/17,
          MDC Enterprises short throw shifter,Sparco shift knob,
          Sparco pedal set,Vibrant axle back muffler , MDC Enterprises CAIwith K&N filtercone,Ractive strut bar,MP3 rear swaybar,Tien S-tech springs ,AWR engine mounts,AWR adjustable endlinks,AWR rear trailing arms,Konig rear wing colour matched ,Altezza tail lights edges colour matched to car.P5 front seats,
          P5 front conversion with side skirts

Comment

Originally posted by macklum
            the rear discs brakes are smaller so if the rims fit the front then they will fit the rear
            I'm not sure that is the case (at least for the newer 2002+ ES models and the P5s, I can not say what they had before that).

I am pretty sure that the front rotors are 10.2" vented rotors while the back ones are 10.3" solid rotors. It's possible that once you are done adding in the caliper the front's are larger... I have not checked that part out.
            Last edited by JJB; 09-26-2003, 10:33 AM.
            --JJB--
            '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
            Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
            16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
            15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
            Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I use 14 inch rims with snow tires on my 03' P5. Just have to make sure the bore of the rim is big enough to fit oner the rear calpier.

If you get 14 inch rims that fit any dx/lx model, they shoud fit over your rear calipers.

I got mine from discounttire.com.

-R

Comment

Working...
              X