Good aftermarket exhaust for cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good aftermarket exhaust for cheap

hey guys whats a good aftermarket exhaust? i have the stock one on and i dotn want it on anymore so i want a big exhaust! wheres a good place to find some cheap exhausts?

You might wanna fix your engine before you slap a huge exhaust on it.
    And learn how to use the search button.

Comment

I love this "I want a big exhaust" ****in ricer. Do a search, edumacate yourself before you run around ****ing with your car, do yourself a favor.

edit: while your at it read this so that you don't go putting a 3" exhaust on a n/a motor.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
        I love this "I want a big exhaust" ****in ricer. Do a search, edumacate yourself before you run around ****ing with your car, do yourself a favor.

edit: while your at it read this so that you don't go putting a 3" exhaust on a n/a motor.
        Wait a minute.
        You are a bit out of line with your comments.
        You need to lighten up. I don't see the point of your cursing at this person and it is his 2nd post.
        People get titles to their vehicles when they purchase them and therefore it is their right to choose what modifications they want to make to the car.

If you can't help the person then what's the point of posting and trying to shoot him/her down. It is really annoying when people do this. Give your opinion but give it with ration, especially when you are dealing with soemone that is new.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila

Im not ricing out my protege cuz i know its not the car to do it with, I was just messing around with the big exahust part guess i should have made that more clear to your stupid ass huh? anyways back on topic whats a good aftermarket exhaust that is good on a mazda protege?

BTW i did a search and there was none about a 96 LX so thats why i posted this.....
          Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 08-18-2004, 11:46 AM.

Comment

mines from meineke, and a universal muffler. i don't like it, its too loud. but most aftermarket are gonna be 2.25 inlet so you'd have to redo the whole system to fit it correctly, 'cause stock piping is under 2" diameter, and since you said "big exhaust" this would be the case. and the stock piping sucks it should be replaced anyway.
            95 ES
            05 S60R

Comment

96LX = basically any 2nd gen Z5. . . I was pissed off when I wrote that, I've had too many vague questions like "i want a big exhaust" lately, apologies. That having been said, to add to goodorange's post, if you don't want to redo stock piping atm then a good muffler shop should be able to fit a 2" muffler on smaller piping (what is the stock piping for the Z5?). Wait. . . does he have the Z5 or BP? I seem to remember something about the trim level's switching w/ es and lx. . .

edit: "good" is relative, what are you going for?
              edit2: good and cheap don't usually go together either, good and reasonably priced can, but with exhaust that will usually depend on the shop where you have everything welded on.
              Last edited by 95ProLeila; 08-18-2004, 01:44 PM.

Comment

95Pro.......no hard feelings man im sorry aswell so its all good, but like i said i was just joking on the BIG exhaust part all im really looking for is something better then the stock one because im thinking it has a hole in it because it sounds rough. im jsut gonna go take it to master muffler or some shop thats close and have them put one on. anyways thanks guys i really appreaciate the help i just got this car last friday and im having problems with it because the dealer is screwing me over saying they fixed a few things but i look at what they said they fixed and it deosint look like they fixed it at all.

Comment

yeah, the n00b-ness showed (no offense) and yeah. . . anywho, I like my magnaflow. Are you going for sound or performance?

Comment

lol yeh thats why i hate signing up to new forums cuz i hate being a noob........but anyway im going for performance of course, but i do have to fix soem things on the car before i do get an exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                      but i do have to fix soem things on the car before i do get an exhaust
                      That's very smart.

Comment

which motor does he have? Might as well just tell him now to not bother if he's got the Z5

Comment

Yea I have the down pipe from Bosel, and then a magnaflow cat. From there I have 2 1/4 pipe back with a SPW N-1 muffler. I like it it sounds and feels good. But thats me.
                          Ive heard that 2 1/4 is plenty. If you were going turbo then 2 1/2 would be good.

Just my opinion.
                          i will post my new picks later
                          btw i got mine done at meineke also.

Comment

Sometimes I wish I never put a muffler on my Protege.
                            Damn univeral pipeing keeps rusting out ...

Been through 3 set ups already...
                            1 more and I may sell the damn car... (which has been on my mind lately).

----------------------------
                            Glad to see your guys squashed that little beef. I really don't care to see people at each others throats on the board without reason.
                            ----------------------------

Maz96 -- pretty much what everyone said is on point. However if I could do my muffler install over again. I wouldn't even bother with changing the pipeing from the cat back. I would just change over the axle back. I am so tired of the pipe rusting out and then I have to make a trip to the muffler shop.

But do as you may, I wish you the best of luck.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

^My stock piping is 2", so I just left it because it's SS^

Comment

Working...
                              X