trying to find some adjustable ZX2 struts...Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to find some adjustable ZX2 struts...Help

I'm trying to find some adjustable struts for the ZX2 to swap into my 323 does anyone know if this even exists??? and if it does....Where can i find them?

Bpt323@yahoo.com
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

there is no such thing
    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

yeah there is no such thing. You can use Protege struts, which is what i used. They work just fine. Or you can get the ZX2 struts .. or you can go on www.corksport.com and see what they offer.
      B
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by FESTIVAS RULE
        there is no such thing
        short and to the point... way to go wil
        ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

there is no such thing

uhhh, ford racing coilover kit...same site as the ZX2 struts....and you even had some (or still do) those are adjustable.

and Mazdaspeed struts are adjustable too....

Other than that, you can have any strut revalved with Koni adjustable inserts.

PPC in canda has some nice full kits, coilovers and struts specially matched with Eibach or Hypercoil springs and the koni inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
            uhhh, ford racing coilover kit...same site as the ZX2 struts....and you even had some (or still do) those are adjustable.
            I thought we were talking about just struts, not race coilover kits.

He was asking if anyone made a specific application adjustable strut for the ZX2....the mazdaspeeds aren't labeled as being designed for the ZX2, hence my response, that the aren't any.

Although I"m sure koni makes an adjustable insert for the ZX2's, most people don't want to go through the hassle of installing them.

Comment

I thought we were talking about just struts, not race coilover kits.

He was asking if anyone made a specific application adjustable strut for the ZX2....the mazdaspeeds aren't labeled as being designed for the ZX2, hence my response, that the aren't any.

Although I"m sure koni makes an adjustable insert for the ZX2's, most people don't want to go through the hassle of installing them.
              well if we went by that thought, we (i'd) never find anything for a 90 Protege, as everybody seems to think the 90 is different and always lists parts as >>> 91-94

Comment

so..., what everybody is saying is I am almost completly ****ed in that department.....

I know that the mazda speed struts are a good $700 alone... and come on now....for that price I could get some coilovers or at least getting damn close.

i also heard a rumor that the mazda speed ones are still tokico struts...just a little more fancified.... IS THIS TRUE???

What exactly is an adjustable strut insert anyway?
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

yes the MS struts are pricey, but adjustable and specially valved for our cars (not sure what springs they work best with though) They are not tokicos. Now they are actually designed for showroom stock (so i guess stock springs work best) and are not full blown racing struts)

Inserts are installed inside the body of the strut (where you can't see) the shaft is removed and the innards removed, the insert is added and a new shaft is installed. The adjustment points are either/and at the top of the shaft and/or at the very bottom of the strut.

Comment

Truechoice Motorsports provides race car technology and parts

have some applications....look under ford

Comment

If you can find them .. the mazdaspeed springs would be good with mazdaspeed shocks. but most of the good springs will do a more than good enough job...
                      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Wil... i can't find struts on either website you posted and the ppc one doens't work and i can't seem to get results from goole ... i know this is pretty old but do you still have info on these places?
                        In the Garage
                        Black 93 MX-3 GS
                        Bp powered
                        GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                        MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by projectmx
                          Wil... i can't find struts on either website you posted and the ppc one doens't work and i can't seem to get results from goole ... i know this is pretty old but do you still have info on these places?

Damn, this is old.

Wil hasn't been around in a while. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Working...
                          X