Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

modify the alarm system to make it BETTER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modify the alarm system to make it BETTER!

well lets put it this way all my friends cars when they unlock or lock them their turning signals will flash and it will beep/honk to tell them its locked/unlocked .......

and on my protege, 99 ES, when u hit lock twice it will honk but no turning signals, and when u unlock it the only thing to tell u its unlocked is if you open the door ..... but when the panic button is pressed the turning signals flash along with the horn sounding....

so i was just curious as to if its possible to wire it so the turning signals flash when you unlock and lock the car?????

thanks im just a curious kid.

ha ha i thought that somethin was wrong with my car... i got it used a little while ago and always wondered if that was a flaw or how it was made... LOL.. but im curious to...
    Protege 2000 What can I mod next?

Comment

DEI (Automate and Hornet) have nice alarm systems that add on to the factory keless entry, uses your current remotes and converts it into a full alarm system.

www.directed.com

Comment

I have DEI keyless and it doesn't flash or honk.

Comment

oooo ic now, thats awesome those ones that add on to your existing remote entry thanks! lol

Comment

Get an aftermarket system, it should do that.
            Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

dunno, it's not an alarm, just keyless. I specifically asked them about it and they said it wouldn't, oh well, I can hear the click so it's good enough for me.

Comment

because I didn't want to pay more for an alarm when I didn't want it. What's the point, they just go off and nobody pays any attention, all I wanted was keyless.

Comment

I've got the factory keyless and they flash... I guess they changed something along the way?

Comment

who knows

Comment

Originally posted by jnorion
                      I've got the factory keyless and they flash... I guess they changed something along the way?

what yr was ur car?
                      Protege 2000 What can I mod next?

Comment

Comment

Well we have a 00' pro when we lock it with the alarm it only honks and flashes the blinker lights but it doesn't lock!! We have to lock it manually and then turn on the alarm . And we still have the OG alarm, what alarm is a good alarm? And we have no problem with disarming the alarm.
                          And to those who say that the altezza's are fugly

Comment

Working...
                          X