Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8 Mustangs > my Protege

Before you poke fun, I wasn't the one racing

So I'm headed home on the 4 lane arterial which pretty much runs across my entire city (2 lanes each way, divided). The limit is 70 km/h, but most people with spirit take it at 90+ if traffic is sparse. It's mostly S curves with some straightaways. So I'm doing about 95-100 (it's rare to see a cop on it) and I happen to pass an early 2000 Mustang. Of course he takes this as a challenge to his manhood and promptly floors it to get around in front of me. Fair enough, I saw it was a GT and I wasn't going to pretend my protege was a fast car or anything. So I kept track of him until we happened to catch a red light in the section where the road opens into 3 lanes. The first lane was taken, and the second happened to have a late 80's 5.0 GT in it, so the GT I'm following takes the third. I got behind the newer GT and saw that both of the drivers were young guys, so it was most likely on. When the light turned green they both took off and I floored it as well to get a better view, if only for a moment, and the old ghetto 80's GT took him by 2 cars mid-way through 3rd! Of course I was about 3-4 bus lengths back at this point, but still, it was fun to see the funboy in his new GT get owned (if not by me). lol

I hate mustang driver's. Some of them are cool but the others...
    like for example, i was driving down the road the other day minding
    my own business and a mid 90's gt drove past me and flipped me off...

Too bad I wasn't with my friend that has a 91 Prelude Si. We would
    of been the ones flipping him off as we passed him doing 140+. :p:

We dont always go that fast tho.
    Mike A.

Comment

yeha I know what you mean. there was this guy in a 92 fast back that thought he was the **** b/c he could run a 13 flat in the quater. My friend thought that was fast, and the mustang driver got pissed when I laughed. He said he had spent all this money or Ecams, and a bunch of other mods with a gutted and stripped interior. Still only pulled low 13s.

Of course on his way leaving he did a huge burnout right infront of the exit to the building (crowded bowling alley) where we were. Almost lost control b/c some ppl were leaving at the time and he had to dodge them. dumbasses like that piss me off, b/c some kid could have ran out.
      The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Comment

yeah my room mjate had a 1990 gt, and swore it was the best thing since sliced bread, he used to say he could beat any honda in reverse, and wasnt kiddin around he really was this arrogent, until i took him home to ct where low and behold, the texaco was full of hondas, lol ready to race, i got out and said hey this kid said he can beat any car here, well they all got mad and stuff, and challenged him, needless to say we beat maybe one of them, and blew his tranny doing it, it was ghey, lol
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Originally posted by THEGOLDPRO
          needless to say we beat maybe one of them, and blew his tranny doing it, it was ghey, lol
          In reverse?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            In reverse?!?!?!
            lol no, normal racing, the hondas were quick.
            .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
            225.94wtq
            torque monster!!!!
            dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
            http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
            http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

here is a pic of my best friends 88 gt right after we painted it in my garage....lol this mother ****er is FAST! its got a svt cobra 5.0 supercharged swap in it that we did after painting it... when he steps on it this bitch GOES and damn fast to! lol i drove it once and about **** my pants from the power lol
              Attached Files
              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.