FS: 1993 Protege DX/Auto Eastern Canada (Low km) 56k warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1993 Protege DX/Auto Eastern Canada (Low km) 56k warning

This is a long shot, since I'm probably the only one on this board from Newfoundland, Canada, but I am selling my protege locally, so I'll post it here anyway.

1993 Mazda Protege
    141,000 km (87,000 m)
    1.8L SOHC Automatic

Bought her in 2002 and have spent a lot (probably too much) in parts. But hey, I love first gen proteges

New/recent parts from 2002 to present:
    - New exhaust (all, except cat. converter)
    - New rear struts
    - New radiator
    - Rebuilt CV joints
    - Rebuilt alternator
    - Windshield
    - 2 wheel bearings
    - 1 ball joint
    - Tranny and heater core fluid both flushed recently
    - Hand brake cables
    - Pads and rotors recently

The car does have a K&N filter and new plugs & wires (platinum +4), but is otherwise stock. Motor burns very little oil (doesn't need to be topped up between 4000-5000km oil changes, but level lowers slightly), and is as strong as it's supposed to be, probably because of the low mileage.

As it is, the car would probably pass an inspection, but there are a couple things I've been meaning to get around to:
    - Slight fuel leak, but only on a full tank. You can notice some dripping under the car if it's left for a few hours after a fill-up. Haven't had her on a lift recently to see what it is, but it's in the area of the fuel filler hose. Should be a cheap, or free fix if it's patchable
    - Hand brake isn't 100%. Cables aren't old, but it's been notchy recently. Can stop the car and should pass inspection, but it's worth looking at.

Could use: Paint job. Some rust on the underside, but none noticeable on the body. However, it's never been painted so it has some nicks and scratches like an 11 year old paint job will.

Reason for selling: Want an SOHC or DOHC 5 speed, and a conversion is more trouble than it's worth.

Kind of a long shot in posting here, since NF is out of the way, but if you're from here or visit here and need a good beater, then feel free to msg. $1800 OBO

you're out in Paradise, right?

Comment

Originally posted by brad98
      you're out in Paradise, right?
      cowan heights

Comment

Working...
      X