Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subs

Anyone have a recommended sub brand for a small budget, like under $200 for 2
    94' Mazda Protege'... trying to return it to former glory.

aim: zep867

i just set up my system about a week ago and im using a sony xplod 12" subwoofer.

heres the thing tho, i had a 350rms/600max amp set up for it, but it is dead . . . i got it from a friend and it turned out to be busted.

anyway, i also have a 100rms/200max so i put that to work.

let me just say that it sounds real nice. i dont know what you have planned in terms of what amp you will use or what size sub but that 12" sub from sony is sounding nice and loud and distort free with only 100rms.
    Tag Team

Comment

Im not sure what the rms is on my amp, its a 2 ch 1800w currently running 2 350w max 8's from walmart, doesnt sound bad just not nice*

Comment

do you want 10's or 12's

you can get 2 infinity kappa 10's for 180 and 12's for 200.

you can get 2 10" cervin vegas for 180 and 12 for wither 160 for single voice coil or 200 for the dual voice coil. these are the GOOD vega subs, not what they have out now.
        The rare domain name TheZeb.com is now available for purchase, lease or rent for your next The Zeb project. The perfect name for your marketing and advertising campaigns.

if you change your mind you can do a single sub for 200 bucks and have some aweome spl and sq.

what brand/make/model is your amp and that can help us out better also.
        '02 classic red p5
        currently enrolled in AA.

Comment

dual subs on a budget = ebay

10" kicker comp vr's, $79/pair
          sweet price, and very good subs for what ur paying. will get pretty loud...
          then u use all the money u saved on a solid amp.
          -onehawaiian | My 2002 P5 Funk
          >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
          **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

Originally posted by onehawaiian
            dual subs on a budget = ebay

10" kicker comp vr's, $79/pair
            sweet price, and very good subs for what ur paying. will get pretty loud...
            then u use all the money u saved on a solid amp.
            they are comps, not comp VR's, but still a great deal compVR's wholesale is about $55 each, so the comps are probably about $35-$40 each, so this auction is a helluva deal for a budget and like onehawiian said, use the money for a solid amp

Comment

from his website i gathered he has a legacy amp, definatly needs to start saving for a good amp and a few leasons in power ratings
              '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by blue LEDz
                they are comps, not comp VR's, but still a great deal compVR's wholesale is about $55 each, so the comps are probably about $35-$40 each, so this auction is a helluva deal for a budget and like onehawiian said, use the money for a solid amp
                ha ha, my bad! i posted the wrong auction. those are indeed the comps.
                the vr's are like $109/pair...
                thanks blue...
                >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

this is off-topic, but why is it that the majority of pawn shop subs are kicker comp vr's ???
                  '02 classic red p5

Comment

Im surprised no one said like resonant 8" ones.. blue didnt you get yours for like $80 or something?

Comment

he hasn't ordered them yet.
                      '02 classic red p5

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                        Im surprised no one said like resonant 8" ones.. blue didnt you get yours for like $80 or something?
                        i was assuming he wanted real subs, that drop low i was going to get the 8's for midbass, but am waiting on that idea. the resonant engineering RE 10's would be pretty sweet. they are close in parameters to the comp VR's, but about the same price as the compVR's on e-bay. the RE's would be $120 for the pair, and are great subs.

Comment

Originally posted by walight01
                          this is off-topic, but why is it that the majority of pawn shop subs are kicker comp vr's ???
                          cause kicker's are a dime-a-dozen.
                          lol j/k...
                          actually, i'm not kidding...
                          >> NOTHING INSTALLED <<
                          **Team Punani-Luvah**

Comment

Originally posted by onehawaiian
                            cause kicker's are a dime-a-dozen.
                            lol j/k...
                            actually, i'm not kidding...
                            lol
                            Tag Team

Comment

from his website i gathered he has a legacy amp, definatly needs to start saving for a good amp and a few leasons in power ratings
                              hey walight lay off. I dont know **** about amps If I did I wouldnt post asking advise on what to buy would I?...... I guess that required to much thought before posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X