Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ss autochrome turbo manifold fits a 96 sephia with NO clearence work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ss autochrome turbo manifold fits a 96 sephia with NO clearence work.

i dont know if it will work the same for a protege, i imagine so. the ss autochrome turbo manifold bolts right up to a sephia engine without any need for radiator modification or any other engine bay modification, it also clears the hood when used with a saab t3 turbo. the installation is tight, only about 1 inch of space between the rad and the header, but it does fit!

this is like the deal of the century. $50 emay turbo manifold kicks ass.
    find it, **** it, forget it

how bout a link,
    sigpic

Comment

how about some photo's...
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

`go to ebay and search for "miata turbo manifold".
        Last edited by bp 1.8; 08-21-2004, 05:30 PM. Reason: mmmmmm

Comment

I was speaking about photo's of the manifold on your car.
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

oh, **** that i already wasted 1 exhaust gasket test fitting it to see if i had clearence issues.

i have to run around n/a untill i can get the turbo pipings and exhaust, which is all i have left to get for my install.

if you want to wait a couple weeks for when i have all the stuff and am ready to put the mani back on, i will take a pic that time. however by then they will be gone from ebay.

Comment

They have been on ebay for months and months now, i'm sure they won't be gone in a couple of weeks. Unless you have some insider information on them. The "work" that they need to be done on them, what exactly are they talking about? Or did you not see anything that needed to be done?

Comment

The manifold does fit in my '92 Protege the same way as in the Kia. I have one and had the engine flange reversed (turbo is on top on a Miata) and test fitted the whole thing last thursday and it fits.

I did not try a T3 on it though cause I have an Hitachi turbo from a '88 RX-7 Turbo II.

Oh yeah, and the manifold needs a little modification in order to fit, hence the 50$ price tag ... some holes of the engine's flange need to be grinded. Just as if the flange was too short by approx. 3/16".

Comment

yeah, the bolt holes on the flange dont quit line up. you need to file the holes a bit sideways. its seriously not a big deal though. it took me 30 minutes with a rat tail file.

i know they have been on ebay for months now, but at a higher price. these manifolds are the ones with the wrong holes, so they are cheap. once the current "funny bolt hole" stock is dry they will start selling the ones with correct holes again at the normal high price. whats why i said they will be gone soon, i meant the $50 versions.

the normal non messed up versions will probably awalys be on ebay, but at alot higher price.

Comment

The normal ones usually went anywhere from $150-$200 (which I still don't think is a bad price at all)

MAz1.8T when you said: "Oh yeah, and the manifold needs a little modification in order to fit, hence the 50$ price tag ... some holes of the engine's flange need to be grinded. Just as if the flange was too short by approx. 3/16".

Did you mean the ports on the flange? Or the bolt holes on the flange?

Can someone please take pics of this actually working? I know someone had posted pics a long time ago of the Miata manifold on thier BP, and they also reversed the flange. But by the time I got ahold of the thread the pics were dead, and no one ever re-posted pics of it.

Comment

The bolt holes on the engine flange needs to be grinded a little sideways. Really it's a joke ... just takes 20-30 minutes to do.

The manifold is definitly worth it. I got it for 51$ off Ebay, then I cut the flange and had it re-welded for 45$ canadian. I had it stainless TIG welded like the original welds.

If you can wait a little, I should have my setup working in a couple of weeks. Then I'll have some good pics.

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                      The normal ones usually went anywhere from $150-$200 (which I still don't think is a bad price at all)

MAz1.8T when you said: "Oh yeah, and the manifold needs a little modification in order to fit, hence the 50$ price tag ... some holes of the engine's flange need to be grinded. Just as if the flange was too short by approx. 3/16".

Did you mean the ports on the flange? Or the bolt holes on the flange?

Can someone please take pics of this actually working? I know someone had posted pics a long time ago of the Miata manifold on thier BP, and they also reversed the flange. But by the time I got ahold of the thread the pics were dead, and no one ever re-posted pics of it.

Comment

Ok I got you I, for some reason I was getting confused when you said the bolt holes on the engine flange, but now I understand. I'm a little slow lol!

Comment

Hehe , no prob!!

Originally posted by Tweeaks
                          Ok I got you I, for some reason I was getting confused when you said the bolt holes on the engine flange, but now I understand. I'm a little slow lol!

Comment

Working...
                          X