Favorite movie car chase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite movie car chase?

I just watched The Blues Brothers, which is what made me think of this. Wow, they destroy a lot of old Dodges (and one Pinto ) in that movie.
    I think the mall chase ("this place has got EVERYTHING!") is my favorite. It's just so unique.
    Honorable mention: the Bourne Identity. How often do you get to see a Mini driven down a flight of stairs?

What's everyone else's favorite?
    ~Mark.
    2002 Protege DX 5 speed, "Kenmore White," well-loved and a little over half paid-for

My favorite chase is in Go. It is on the Las Vegas strip and the begins in a parking garage. When they come barreling out of the garage and hit the strip the verse of Magic Carpet Ride begins.

Comment

bullet.....

and any chase in the transporter
      93 Protege lx (Jessi)
      Project Jessi
      Sold

88 "terd tan" ranger

quote:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Racing in a Honda is like racing in the special olympics, even if you win... your still retarded
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

OJ rolling down LA highway with a FLEET of po-pos trailing behind

that was P.I.M.P.

'04 Titanium RX-8

Comment

"The French Connection" Pretty old movie, but a classic!
          -------------------------
          '91 LX
          '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
          well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

RONIN, one of the best car chase scenes ever.
            2000 DX, Blue
            Eibach Pro-Kit, MSP Struts, 16" Kosei's on Honkook Ventus HR-II's(205-45-16), MSP Exhaust, Injen CAI, MSP Strut Tower Bar, NGK Wires
            2 JL Audio 10w3-d4's in a sealed box, Rockford 500s amp, 2 6x9 Pioneer Premier 4-ways, 2 6x8 Kenwood Excelon 3-ways, Rockford 301x amp, Pioneer Premier DEH-P650, Dynamat in some fun places.....

Comment

That Jackie Chang movie with the Lancer. I think it was "who am I" .

And also that movie with all those new mini's ... I forgot the name ..was it "Italian Job"
              Last edited by bruce95fmla; 09-26-2003, 05:30 PM.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

RONIN

italian job was nice

transporter

those are what come to mind
                No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

If motorcycles count, what about Matrix Reloaded with Trinity driving against traffic?! That was pretty intense! Some one told me that it is playing at the IMAX! I would love to see that movie on an IMAX screen. I'd probably get sick and hurl from her weaving in and out of traffic, but you gotta admit it is a killer chase scene.
                  2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                  KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                  Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                  Groundkit

Comment

Any one ever see the 70's flick "The Driver?" That had a lot of good car chase scenes in it and I saw it last year and laughed my ass off. I thought it was so bad ass when I was younger, but seeing today, it's funny how close the guy comes from wiping out and doesn't break a sweat. Almost like James Bond. The two guys in the back were freaking out, but the driver was cool and calm
                    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
                    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
                    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
                    Groundkit

Comment

Originally posted by MisterT
                      If motorcycles count, what about Matrix Reloaded with Trinity driving against traffic?! That was pretty intense! Some one told me that it is playing at the IMAX! I would love to see that movie on an IMAX screen. I'd probably get sick and hurl from her weaving in and out of traffic, but you gotta admit it is a killer chase scene.
                      Nothing beats that scene. It's as intense as it gets! Can't wait for the new Matrix to come out............
                      '91 LX
                      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

You guys hit the good ones...

transporter was pretty good, who am i is definately good, although a little stupid at times, my fav car movie of all time though is gumball rally, I think that's what really got me into cars. In fact, I bought it a few months ago, and a VCR JUST to watch it on...

Shelby cobra ownsssssssssss!!!!
                        Dan
                        dreesemonkey

Comment

The Transporter is the only one that comes to mind.
                          2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Originally posted by mixmaster_matt
                            RONIN, one of the best car chase scenes ever.

Comment

I personally like the one in Gone In 60 Seconds and I also like the one in The Chase Bwahahaha
                              Yes, I am a female. So please don't call me man.

Comment

Working...
                              X