Espilir springs installed! (finally)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Espilir springs installed! (finally)

I just finished installing my Espilir springs from Auto RnD (Rishie). I had to have a shop cut of my rear left end-link to get it off. I had rounded a bolt, and not even an impact hammer could remove the other one. Oh well... just ordered an AWR swaybar (21.5mm) with end links and trailing links... hehe. I love looking at the bright side!

Anyways, it is 2245 here, so pics wouldn't be much help. My test drive revealed a very beautiful ride! Only big bumps get noticed more, and the handling is... um exciting. The car feels like a new ride. Definitely driving the pro to church tomorrow morning! (not the wife's XTerra).

Just too excited to wait and post pics right away. They will be here as soon as I can post them.

Thinking of going on another test drive...
    My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
    JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
    AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

C-17 Pilot--Jonathan--ProTuner

congrats how much do those spring lower it?

Comment

Good job on your installation. It's great that it worked out so well. As someone who just installed MSP springs and struts on my car, I know what you mean when you say, "The car feels like a new ride."
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

damn i need to get on the ball and get some springs.
        Oh wait, thats right.....getting a subie soon
        <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
        AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Here is the difference, plus some more pics...

the springs:

before: (sorry about the lighting)

after:

My MAM SS Kit Install Thread | Gauge Customization kit - LEDs, icons, more! Sample:

Replacement Stainless Steel Hex Screws for your AWR swaybar! now 19mm AND 21.5mm!

99 ES 1.8 | Highlight Silver Metallic | shaved mouldings | DaveB's Brushed Gauge Rings | Llumar Tint charcoal 35 side, 20 rear; smoked mirror 18 moonroof | clear corners
          JVC deck w/ Infinity Reference 5x7s and 6x9s, XM Radio via Custom Mount Delphi SkyFi | Rage Vigors 17x7 metal | Potenza RE750 215/40 rubber | Espilir springs
          AWR 21.5mm Sway Bar w/adjustable endlinks & Trailing Links & Front/Rear Engine Mounts | Custom Fiberglass hood from Maz1.8T | 626 Wiper Stalk

Comment

oh yeah, I also took the time to paint the calipers and drums.

Funny, in the rear wheel you can see the endlink is missing...
            Last edited by glyph; 08-22-2004, 03:52 PM.

Comment

looks good, my eibachs bother me now ... i need to lower the front more, since my system is all custom boxed in and everything i almost tuck the back wheel and then in the front there is a pretty decent gap it makes the front of my car look stupid ...

anyways enough of my ranting and threadjacking, it looks good

Comment

sweet pics!! nice job on the paint!!!
                <-why i can't fix my car

AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

that's one thing that always bothered me about the eibachs is that they lowered the rear more.

Thanks Quinton (sp?)

it's also funny how small the rear drums look now they're painted...
                  Last edited by glyph; 08-22-2004, 09:25 PM.

Comment

yeah that is why i was hesitant on painting mine.
                    but it is the best way to rust proof
                    <-why i can't fix my car

Comment

how much did these springs run you glyph?
                      Visit My Garage

Comment

they look good

Comment

Thanks. I had to call AutoRnD to get a price, and it was a really good price. I'll let you call them for a price, but here is the thread from which I made the purchase. It also has more details about the springs. I'll just say they were priced between the Teins and the Eibachs.

Comment

Those look really nice! I'm curious about the Eibachs though, you say they lower the rear more? I don't remember the numbers, but the rear LOOKS noticeably higher. Regardless of the actual drop, it doesn't look weird because of that. My opinion at least.

Comment

eibachs = 1.8 in the rear 1.4 in the front, the back end of the proteges sit higher so the car looks fine with the drop it kinda levels everything out. i just dont like the fact that there is a bigger gap up front between the wheel and fender than in the back ... but the car itself sits beautifully.

Comment

Working...
                              X