Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I smoked a 4wd turbo TALON this weekend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smoked a 4wd turbo TALON this weekend....

I haven't been on the street races for years....
    I was on my way home and the only way to get home is to pass by In n Out where everyone meet to go to the runs. Anyhow I race quite a few cars and here's the list. 92-95 civic ex, 96-98 civic ex, 94 integra LS, prelude SH I smoked him all the way to my third gear about a car away from my bumper but he caught up and he caught up fast on my 4th gear, Del sol, and the last of them was a flip head lights talon awd trbo.

I was on my way home after the races when this talon went beside me and looked at me. I saw him at the runs too so I can tell his up for a race. I revved and he down shifted so i did the same thing. I down shifted to 2nd then power shift it to 3rd redlining. I beat him by a car and at the light we both stop and i asked him is that turbo? ( there was no talon emblem on the car but i heard the hssshhhiinnnnnggg sound) he said no its just fwd non turbo. at the time i was thinking it was a regular eclipse non turbo and since i beat him i said its definitely not a turbo.
    Light turned green and we both launched hard i looked at him on my left I was like WTF? did he got hit from the back cuz he lauched like somebody smashed his back. He frickin jumped but w/ my bald ass azenis (no grip) i was still able to keep my distance only on his fender. My car was creeping on him lil by lil by the time i hit redline on my 3rd gear and shifts it to 4th his front bumper was on my door jamb. we both pulled over at In n Out and told him, " bull**** dawg thats a ****ing talon. The way it sounded and how hard it launched there's no way thats non turbo" He said yeah, its a talon but its all stock. I said **** still 4wd turbo tho... He aske me again for a rematch i said yeah lets go. So we raced and i won about the same length I told him, you need to fix your car or your driving cuz my car is not suppose to beat yours but i keep on smoking your ass. He said, " well if you stop shooting your nitrous then maybe we can have a realrace" I was like WTF? its all motor fool only headers . he said yeah wutever....

So, thats all folks first time I raced a talon and killed him 3 times. It was a great race we were head on the whole time and the only time i creeped up on him was on my top end ( 3rd geard) which is very weird cuz turbo suppose to speed up on the higher end...Who cares I still beat him and my girl is the witness.

o yeah here's what i have on the 323 when I raced him.
    its funny cuz all i have on my car is basically headers, k n n filter box, 2"ppiping w/stock muffler and clutch amd my ****ed up no throttle respond on low rpms.
    Everything else didn't really help out ie. iridium plugs, magnecore wires, msd coil,
    and my bals ass azenis...

sweet kill dude!
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

very nice!!!

Comment

I was expecting you guys wont believe me but the 323 w/ bp is pretty damn quick. I dont beleive it but damn it is for a $300 motor running this quick....I love it ! Im going to the track on Oct. 2/3 and let you guys know how it goes....peace !

Comment

sweet, turbo that ****, lol
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

nice kill, either that guy wasnt driving well, or his car wasnt running right. When I had my talon stock I ran a 15.2. I had lots of driving practice though. Especially with the all wheel drive he should have beaten you, I remember I would put like 3 or 4 cars on most other cars. Or maybe you just have one of those factory freaks. Either way, nice kill@@

Also, you do know that eclipses were awd and turbo to, the gsx model. And some plymouth laser's were awd turbo aswell.
            Eat ****.

Comment

yea those first gen eclipses are light as anything and faster than the newer ones... except the v6ers and the awd turbos kick ass i was looking at getting one, then put money down on a turbo probe, got screwed out of that and got a first gen pro... and as soon as it runs again i will be happier than ever with my car and my future kills.... thats some nice driving there 1ofdfew323
              Check out the J Way Group Project Proto HERE i will also make a page with all the hundreds of pics of my progress so keep checking

Comment

Light?? Man your crazy, the 1st gen DSM's especially the awd's are heavy pigs. Most are around the 2700+ region. I think mine weighed in at like 3100 with me in it. Almost as heavy as a poopra...lol.
                Eat ****.

Comment

I know he should've smoked my car that is y I asked him what was wrong with his but he replied," well if you stop shooting your NAWS"

Yeah it was a great race he had 1 passenger and I was with my girl... I love that kind of race I never took my gas off the pedal in between shifts. (power shift the mofo) heheh....

Comment

2,667 lbs for the first gen awd turbo and 3,120 lbs for the second gen... 195 hp for first and 210 i think for second... close to 500 lbs difference is substantial... i would say... if i could shed 500 lbs from my car with out it looking wannabe drag i would... dont know about you... lx first gen pro comes in at about 2,487 so its not that much heavier... but my point is that the first gens are lighter and more kick ass and i would take one over a second gen any day.... I LOVE FIRST GEN!!!
                    Check out the J Way Group Project Proto HERE i will also make a page with all the hundreds of pics of my progress so keep checking

Comment

yea my dsm is roughly 3000 lbs

I dunno what was goin on with that car though, there is no way he shoulda lost. There is only one 1g on this forum i know of that can rival a stock dsm.
                      Tag Team

Comment

Working...
                      X