Turboing a BP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turboing a BP...

So I`ve finished my BP and already looking for more power.... nice This happens everytime... Finally got one thing and just when I have it I want more... Never learns!

So, my question... What about turboing a BP... Will my engine (pistons++) hold a turbo... And how much can I take out of it?

I searched the web and found this... What the hel... is this? Is this just garbage or what?

turbonator.com

1st... don't touche this turbo **** ... it's a blower for a jet ski that you can buy for 5$...

To turbo your car, you will need a manifold. I am looking for a manifold that would fit the 1.8 head without too much mods, if you have a GTX manifold great.. but i will try to find somthing cheeper and more avalable.

You will need a turbo, a fuel pump, bigger injectors, and a bigger VAF.
    An intercooler and some piping.
    an a piggy back... I will user an SMT6 and convert my car to MAP sensor.
    An a Fat clutch. and lot's of tires.

From what i see, the stock internals should be good for quite some boost even stock.
    I would think this car can take about 300hp without mods.
    maybe 15psi on a t3.
    But well, and verry well tuned.

If you don't want to dish out about 5000$ (cdn) for this project, get a bottle of NOS.
    ZEX wet is a great choice.

Comment

do a search man, this topic has been covered about 50 times. Search in the turbo/nitrous forum.
      Eat ****.

Comment

I have done this. Make sure you have good managment and enough fuel. Your gonna also need a new clutch, mines already gone and its been 3 weeks.
        BP-05 Turbo-Sold
        2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
        X