This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlights

Wheres a good place to get repalcement headlights?

Steven
    VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Autozone,Checkers is where i would go but i dunno if they have some for a 96 protege (if its for your g/f's car) mine was busted out when i bought it but the dealer replaced them because it had been in a wreck the mofo didint do a good job either cuz when i got home i turned it on and he didint connect it nor did he bolt the front headlight and the side one in damnit oh well. im sure they have some if not then check online or even ebay
    Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 08-26-2004, 05:23 PM.

Comment

You can get them at almost any auto parts store. Most of the stores will special order them, and you might wait a few days. You can also try eBay. Sometimes, you can find them used, but mostly new. Also, remember that 2nd gen headlights for 1995-1996 and 1997-1998 are different.
      "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Well, it's not totally clear, did you mean bulbs or the headlamps themselves?
        2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

speaking of the bulbs isint the ones that come on a 96 protege or any of the 2nd gens #9003 i think it is? because i looked at autozone and super walmart in there car center and they had all kinds except that number which is the one that i need!! and do they come in the blue color too or just the white?

Comment

Originally posted by BlownGP
            Wheres a good place to get repalcement headlights?

Steven
            You could try a junkyard if you're just looking for the entire headlight assembly. If I would've known about the pro's in my junkyard I would have gone there for most of my parts like that.

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
            and do they come in the blue color too or just the white?
            I asked someone at advance auto parts and they said they don't carry the bulb with the heavy blue tint. He said they were getting in trouble for them. Maybe it's just in this area. The ones I had a while back were from APC but said for off-road use only.
            Last edited by loganss; 08-26-2004, 08:54 PM.
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

i put sylvania cool blues in my car.. they have a blue tint to them.. bright as hell, but i'm gonna throw some silverstars in once i get it back..

I wonder if the price of the OEM replacements are comparable to the JDM ones from Corksport..
              98 Protege SE
              -------------------
              1.5L Turbo

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
                9003 is also known as HB2... read the lens on your headlight, it tells you what you have!

I know what i have i was just wonderign what store carrys them perferrably the blue colored ones because most places around here dont carry any that would fit my 96 pro

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
                  i put sylvania cool blues in my car.. they have a blue tint to them.. bright as hell, but i'm gonna throw some silverstars in once i get it back..

I wonder if the price of the OEM replacements are comparable to the JDM ones from Corksport..
                  so you do recommend the Sylvania's? because i heard from some other people around here that they were really good, and i have seen some at autozone and checkers hopefull they got the ones i need!

Comment

the cool blues? i had them about a year now and i love them.. i'd recommend them for sure..
                    98 Protege SE
                    -------------------
                    1.5L Turbo

Comment

the cools aren't totally blue.. just have a blueish tint.. they are alot brighter than the factory's i had in my car...
                      98 Protege SE
                      -------------------
                      1.5L Turbo

Comment

I had the blueish tint ones on my truck for awhile untill some old lady decided to turn at the last second damnit!, and they were great i thought and i did notice they were brighter. and anything is better then the one's i have right now on my 96 pro, I can barely see infront of me on dark road's

hmm i found some Blue H4 Xenon HID Headlights at autozone today im thinking of getting some heres soem i saw on eGay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476
                        Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 08-27-2004, 10:17 PM.

Comment

9003 = H4. . . which reminds me, I have to e-mail sylvania, one of my bulbs went out, not even a year old!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
                            I had the blueish tint ones on my truck for awhile untill some old lady decided to turn at the last second damnit!, and they were great i thought and i did notice they were brighter. and anything is better then the one's i have right now on my 96 pro, I can barely see infront of me on dark road's

hmm i found some Blue H4 Xenon HID Headlights at autozone today im thinking of getting some heres soem i saw on eGay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476
                            I was gonna say, 'No wonder you werent able to find the right bulb. Because its an H4, not 9003. "...lol
                            You can alos try looking for headlights on www.car-parts.com
                            Its the North American Online database for auto wreckers (im surprised no one else suggested it already)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

yeh i got some cool blues at walmart on sunday.....they seem to work ALOT better then the ones it had on it when i bought it!
                              Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 08-31-2004, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X