This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead 96 DX

yea i have this 96 mazda protoge dx, not that it matters if its a dx, its the 1.5l i belive auto trans, that ive dumped about 50k of hard driving miles, i mean off roading, hill climbing and street race, yea i know wiht 90hp stock laughable right..

anyway the engine is dying, its having low compression on all cyl. and the auto trans is also dying, down shifting while in drive, slips while shifting into 1st from 2nd.

was wondering, what would be a good afordable swap in engine, and trans for a good preformance boost, with excelent auto trans, was thinking a mazda mx6 v6 engine/trans.. any ideas?

looking for replacements really..

-Drive that 4cl like its a v8 with no remorse.

Originally posted by TheMAN
    there are threads that discussed what you want to do already.... in fact there is one at the top of the list in this section

you should also read the faq

most of your answers are already available... make use of them while many are still asleep!
    Wow that's one of the calmest responses I've read of yours to a newbie question like this.

Originally posted by Zargos
    was wondering, what would be a good afordable swap in engine, and trans for a good preformance boost, with excelent auto trans, was thinking a mazda mx6 v6 engine/trans.. any ideas?
    Yeah just search around there have been plenty of posts on this topic.

It'd be really cool if someone gathered all the info about the swaps that's on this forum and puts it into one article. I'd buy it as long as it was formatted good and the person actually did a 2nd gen engine swap.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

closed.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...