Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 LX Fuel Pump Problem?

Ok, Im new here.

I have a 95 Protege LX, auto, and I find when i accelerate sometimes its not quite an even acceleration. Scouring the forums here a little I see people have problems with the fuel pumps.

Could that be my problem? If so, what are you guys using for replacements?

My car doesn't accelerate all that great either. It's jerky at time from 1st to 2nd gear. I replaced the fuel pump and it didn't solve that problem. My car started better though.

I got my fuel pump off of Autozone.com I picked the one with the lifetime warrranty as long as you get the fuel strainer.

I later swapped the fuel filter also from Autozone and it didn't improve the jutting problem.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
      My car doesn't accelerate all that great either. It's jerky at time from 1st to 2nd gear. I replaced the fuel pump and it didn't solve that problem. My car started better though.

I got my fuel pump off of Autozone.com I picked the one with the lifetime warrranty as long as you get the fuel strainer.

I later swapped the fuel filter also from Autozone and it didn't improve the jutting problem.
      You may have busted engine mounts.

Check your passenger engine mount also.

Mine is/was busted.

I am actually thinking of a way to make a brace for that mount.

later.
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
      X