Turbo sizing - need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo sizing - need advice

To start off I'm a turbo newb. I know some of the basics but not all that much.

I'm building a car for solo II and solo I next year(dx first gen, gutted with cage etc)... I will be using a dohc bp engine.. I think I want a T3 turbo but I'm not sure what trim or a/r. I'm looking for minimal lag as it will be used for autocross.. something that is in the boost at around 3500rpm and will carry boost till 7k. My goal is for 200whp peak and euqal or more torque. Fat torque curve is ideal.

Oh and reasoning for the T3 is my buddy can get new garrett turbos for wholesale prices... any help appreciated.

/edit: I will likely use that $50 maifold off eaby (cut and flip flange). What size of exhaust... 2.5", 2,25"?(torque in mind) Also future engine mods include at least a port and polish, maybe some new cams?
    Last edited by superdave; 08-27-2004, 02:00 PM.
    -Dave

Using a T3 would be fine and the manifold you can get made. One thing that could either take 2 weeks or 2 months is to call corksport and get the GTX manifold and vj-20 turbo which will bolt on and has very fast spool up. I am running 2.5 inch from the dump pipe to just before the cat.
    BP-05 Turbo-Sold
    2004 MK4 AWP Jetta GLI

Comment

if your looking for a vj20 and manifold get ahold of marc93lx as he just upgraded to a vj23
      91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.