Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Gen BP Turbo Kit done

hey everyone,
    I know i havent posted in the last month or two. Ive recently had to move and i havent been able to get internet yet at my new place. Mean while though i have finished my custom BP turbo kit. Its been finished for about a month and it runs awesome. As much as i love it though, my depts over the past 2 months have grown and grown. Sadly i will have to sell this kit. It will be on ebay soon or i may be open to trade for a 90-94 323 Hatch i can use as a daily driver. Ill post some pics here and hopefully a short video. You really have to see this baby move.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

do you have a JDM hood scoop on your mazda?
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

Comment

yeah man i hope you have a hood scoop of some sort., any more pics, or videos?
      .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
      225.94wtq
      torque monster!!!!
      dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
      http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
      http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

I may be interested in the turbo kit if I can afford it.
        current mods:

bodykit with custom green paint
        55" Matrix GR Motorsports two element wing
        clear corner lens
        17" Enkei RS6 wheels with 205/40R17 rubber
        Ground Control coilover kit
        KYB GR-2 struts
        LED undercar kit
        Tenzo Racing seats
        Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP head unit
        2 Cadence 12" subs
        Cadence 1000 watt amp
        Lightning Audio 1.0 farad capacitor
        Pioneer Premier front and rear speakers

future mods:

engine swap
        custom interior
        upgraded sound system

Comment

Hey, OCD. Long time no hear. The turbo looks really good. I like your approach, because our cars do not have that much room to begin with, and you utilized what you could in a very good way. Post them pics and vids as soon as you can. Sorry to hear about your debts. However, you fall in with Bruce, Patrick, Tim and others as the pioneers of modding our second gens. And last time I checked, it was not that cheap at all. So let this be a message to all 2nd geners. If you are serious about making your second gen protege go fast, know this - CHEAP does not fit in the description!
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

nah, no hoodscoop as of yet. I ordered one from corksport like last year but they never sent it or told me anything about it. When i ran it i would just ice down the intercooler. It was a great sleeper look though. No one knew what the hell hit em. Yea i managed to get this kit streetable but it still needs some tuning to be perfect. The wastegate is set to 8psi but when the intercooler heats up i only see 6. I used an ihi vj-11, not the vj-20. it spools ultra quick and has instant throttle response due to the short piping. As soon as you tap the gas the boost comes alive. It sounds like a jet going by. the turbo sounds so good you can just hear it whistling and the DSM DV adds a nice "psssshhhht" to the end of your gears. Fuel management runs of a Cartech rising rate fuel pressure regulator under boost and an Apexi Super AFC II for tuning idle and the open atmosphere DV. The kit is more or less complete it comes with all lines etc. If someone was to purchase it all they would need is to have an exhaust made from the downpipe to the stock exhaust or all the way back,a jdm hoodscoop, and then a rx-7 fuel pump. I would sell mine with the kit but i threw my stock one away a long time ago. More info will be on the ebay auction, im taking the kit off tomorrow and converting my pro back into a daily driver( i might sell it soon). Just to give everyone an idea of what im looking for.
            -I want to sell the kit for $1000-$1300 (the price of all the parts adds up to more than that)
            -I also might consider a trade for a 90-94 323 hatch
            -Also might consider a trade for a GTR engine with ecu and harness.

Let me know what you guys think.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice work man. Looks like a quality setup.
              Too bad you have to sell it though. Have you dynoed it yet??
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Damn thats nice!, i would also be intrested if i can also afford it lol. but i hope all goes well and you dont have to end up selling it.

Comment

talk to Kdawg about a hoodscoop.. i think he's getting in on the carbon fibre deal, so his hoodscoop might become available..
                  98 Protege SE
                  -------------------
                  1.5L Turbo

Comment

no dyno runs or 1/8 or 1/4 mile runs
                    Recently though i dragged a Nissan Sentra Ser Spec -v with 170hp and killed it by 4-5 cars.
                    I also ran a mazdaspeed pushing 14psi and won by about 3/4 a car. My friends got a video of both runs but it will take awhile to get em posted.
                    sigpic

Comment

get that video man

thumbs up for doin the turbo setup

Comment

More Pics More Pics!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Damn man, I really want that turbo kit now. 1000+? Sounds good.... I guess i'm bout to get me a damn job lol.
                          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Soooo why don't you get a 2nd job and work and pay of your debts,Instead of selling everything.

I had to stay away from Credit cards when it came to the turbo's for the 323 and the protege. It is taking me a hell of a lot longer, but I don't owe anyone.

You have a really good set up there. I really like it. I am not partial to the intercooler there with no hood scoop,(which would take away from the sleeper mentality of the car), but I really like thise set up.
                            I would rather see you keep this set up, upgrade and make progress and then upgrade to a bigger boost turbo.

Something to think about.

When my Protege is completely done, everyone will be amazed at how far it has come..
                            that is all I really have to say about my car.
                            photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i must say fits nicly in the bay, but im not too sure how effective that intercooler is under the engine bay like that, id imagine you would see heatsoak.
                              .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                              225.94wtq
                              torque monster!!!!
                              dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                              http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                              http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Working...
                              X