proxes vs azenis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proxes vs azenis

ok i now have toyo proxes t1s on my miata 14" rims (195/55) I was told on the miata forum that the t1s is way better tires for drag than an azenis well in my opinion the azenis is way grippier than the t1s plus this t1s is $81 a piece and i dont really like how it works o well i just have to keep using it to buy me a new azenis...

btw. azenis 14" weighed 29lbs and the t1s weighed 29 lbs too both on the same rims 14" miata. When you look at the specs on these tires azenis is suppose to weigh more atlest 3-4 lbs more but on my experience they both have the same weigh at preffered pressure...

Are your rims 14x6 ?
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

no 14" x 5.5...

Comment

i have azenis, and they are the best tires i've ever had on my car... by far

they have a nice stiff sidewall, are decent in the rain, and amazing in the dry

through out my research, on a comparison:

wet traction, t1s are better
        dry traction, they are about the same
        consistency, the t1s are better
        price, the azenis are cheaper

i'd say unless you're in competition, go with the azenis.... unless you're looking for ultimate street performance
        they're more than enough for the street

launching traction, i have no clue how good the azenis are... i dont launch my car
        it tends to embarass itself

Comment

The T-1s sucks at full tread depth (too much tread squirm). Shave them down to 3/32" and they work fairly well (that is what they use in Speed Touring competition).

And don't discount Azenis performance in the wet. Other than through puddles (that is, just wet ground), the Azenis will be faster than the T1s.
          David Avard
          '90 Protege LX (STS-prepped)
          '89 Civic Si (STS-prepped)
          '02 Altima SE (14.164 @ 97.7mph stock)

Comment

I think he means he weighed them after inflating to proper pressure

Comment

Originally posted by 95ProLeila
              I think he means he weighed them after inflating to proper pressure

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                i have azenis, and they are the best tires i've ever had on my car... by far

they have a nice stiff sidewall, are decent in the rain, and amazing in the dry

through out my research, on a comparison:

wet traction, t1s are better
                dry traction, they are about the same
                consistency, the t1s are better
                price, the azenis are cheaper

i'd say unless you're in competition, go with the azenis.... unless you're looking for ultimate street performance
                they're more than enough for the street

launching traction, i have no clue how good the azenis are... i dont launch my car
                it tends to embarass itself
                dry traction, there's no comparison. the azenis is better. and personally, id take a set of azenis in the rain over most anything in a race.
                "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                -93 MR2, 129 ES
                ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

yes, i've never owned a set of T1's so i cant make an accurate comparison

thats why i said "throughout my research"
                  cause i just read a bunch of independent reviews on each tire, and that was what seemed to be the general consensus

someone who owned both would definately be able to give the best advice

Comment

I own both. I actually have them on. azenis on the rear and proxes in the front. After couple of mos driving it I noticed how grippy the proxes are on a dry surface. All I have to do is lower the pressure -10 psi and the tires feels more grippier than the azenis. it barely spins when I launch at 3k rpm. In wet the azenis sucks and the proxes is great it feels like the road is still dry.

Comment

I drove a mazda 3 with azenis at the rev-it-up event when i participated in the racing. the azenis own. When i get my 18s this spring, they will be wrapped in azenis.

my gst currently has proxes on them . . . MAD GHEY. sidewall loses the game big time. I checked my air every other day because i kept thinking my pressure was low but it is just as it should be; the sidewalls just squish down so badly. the tires also cant grip for the life of them. I get understeer way more than I should at the speeds I am getting it.
                      Tag Team

Comment

I drag race tho see...no autox here

Comment

what pressures are you running on both tires?

The Azenis on my intake, cat-back, and timing BP Protege gave me pretty consistent 2.2 60's on concrete. And my car was ~2500 lbs without me. That was with the 205/50/15 Azenis and 15 x 7 wheels, roughly -1.2 degrees camber.
                          "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
                          -93 MR2, 129 ES
                          ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
                          Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

has anyone here ever raced with azenis??

Comment

From what I have read.. The Proxes have to be broken in. Then they should handle a bit better and also not be so squirmy.

I have never run on Azenis, Jesse has so he would be be able to tell you a **** load about them.

If you read on tire rack and on the net, there are plenty of people that give there 2 cents about the proxes...
                              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                              X