gonna bring my car to life again help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gonna bring my car to life again help!

well as winter nears i dont think i want another car for winter since i still own my protege after getting a celica. Whats wrong with my protege is that itll run for like 5 mins then itll act as if the tranny is blown. When i check the tranny fluid its black im hoping its just the filter if so how much should i expect to pay to bring this car back to life?!?

Changing the tranny filter is not a big deal, and should not cost you much either. However, if your tranny is acting like its blown, changing filter or flushing tranny will not help you at all. You might neeed a new tranny. Also, be a little more descriptive as to how the tranny acts. Saying that its blown, pretty much means you need another one.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

well it runs for like 5 minutes,after those 5 minutes the car wont move its automatic dx.the car sounds as if its in neutral just revvin the car wont budge. Turn off the car for a few minutes start it and itll run for a lil while again...any ideas?

Comment

Its slipping, and pretty bad too. Unfortunately, you do need another tranny. If you want to drive this car in the winter, you better find a used tranny soon. Don't wait until the weather turns to sh*t.

Comment

If you decided to change the tranny, put a manual in.

Comment

DON'T try to change that fluid, it will make it worse. I'm sorry, but I am pretty sure you will need to rebuild the transmission. That greyish stuff in the fluid are probably remains of the clutches.
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

does any1 kno how much it would cost me to swich from automatic to a manual trans on my 95 protege?

Comment

Depending where you get the parts and who does the labor, you might be looking at aprx $1K, maybe less.

Comment

Originally posted by turbonium959
                  Depending where you get the parts and who does the labor, you might be looking at aprx $1K, maybe less.
                  Pull a transmission from a junkyard... $200-$300
                  Do the swap... FREEBIE
                  Driving a stick-shift... PRICELESS

Comment

I got a quote from a local auto shop to do a manual conversion on my car. They quoted me at $800 if I have a tranny, $1200 if they get one for me. Either way, whatever I do for a motor swap, the manual will be a must. Does anyone know if they make a limited slip differential for a 1.5 or 1.8 Manual.
                    current mods:

bodykit with custom green paint
                    55" Matrix GR Motorsports two element wing
                    clear corner lens
                    17" Enkei RS6 wheels with 205/40R17 rubber
                    Ground Control coilover kit
                    KYB GR-2 struts
                    LED undercar kit
                    Tenzo Racing seats
                    Pioneer Premier DEH-860MP head unit
                    2 Cadence 12" subs
                    Cadence 1000 watt amp