rim fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rim fix

I scratched my rim up on a curb a while back and recently stumbled across what looks like a relatively easy how-to as far as filling in the scratches and repairing it. What I wanted to know now is if there's a paint # for the 3rd generation protege rims and if not if anyone knows a color that'll closely match it. Thanks a lot for the help.
    02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Hrm... screw that! Get some chrome spraypaint from wal-mart and pimp that ****!

Note: the above is a joke and not to be taken seriously.
    Silver 2001 Protege ES
    5-speed manual
    4 cyl 2.0L engine

Tires: Cooper Zeon ZPT 205/50/R16
    Intake: Custom DIY Short-ram

Comment

I think your rims are powder coated so it will never be the same. What you need to do is just find a color that closly resembles it.

Or just deal with it. Everyone scratches there rims sometimes.

Comment

Yeah, but this isn't just one little area on the lip........long story but it ended up scratching a spoke and lip area so it's an eyesore.
        02' Protege ES sedan w/ 03 refresh package, loaded with everything minus sunroof, 5 speed manual, red neons under seats to match red lighting on guage cluster/center consol *you can't hug children with nuclear arms*

Comment

grind it down, use some epoxy, and just touch it up.
          According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

That's basically the plan, just trying to figure out if there was a paint # or if I would have to match it best I could

Comment

just have to guess. with it being metallic it will not be that hard to tell the differece in different shades, so just get it as close as possible and you should be ok.
              According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
              X