Age old question eibach vs. H&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age old question eibach vs. H&R

ok time for the age old suspension question......... Eibahc or H&R.

Right now I have sprint springs, and they make the car look awesome but it doesnt handle the way I like it too. The 2" drop is too much for the ZX2 struts. I have been reading online looking at buying either some Eibachs or some H&R's. I want stiff springs, but not soo stiff that I am bouncing all over the place.

Which one should I go with?

I thought that the Eibahcs were a 1"drop, but form some online website I have read it says they are closer to the sprint springs 2in drop. The H&Rs are list a bit less of a drop than the Eibachs.

Edit - aw crap I forgot the er in the poll. How do we edit polls????
    Eibach
    36.67%
    H&R
    46.67%
    I dont know what springs are
    10.00%
    Go bother Darryl about this
    6.67%
    Last edited by D323; 08-29-2004, 11:50 AM.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

i have the H&R spring with the zx2 struts and they fell fine to me

Comment

do you bottom out much?

Comment

Now I find these and this makes it even more tempting.....

sprint makes shocks themselve for use with their springs. Has anyone used tham at all?

I know a stiffer strut would make me bottom out less, but I would still be about 3 inches off of the ground. They want around 400 for all 4 struts, thats alot just for freaking struts. I am sorry I know this is kinda thinking outloud, but I want some honest feedback as to what the protege community thinks.

Comment

i have sprint springs and i LOVE them...i think they are much stiffer then the eibach's im going to be buying some zx2 stuts shortly
          91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
          Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

thats the combo thats on my 323 right now and let me tell you...... You will bounce alot, and bottom out alot. The ZX2 struts were not meant to handle over a 1" drop, or so I have read.

I have a set of darryls lower tie bars and they scrape if I hit any kinda of dip/bump in the road. Granted the tie bar hangs down 2 inches, but the bar itself is only like 2 or 3 inches off the ground.

I like the sprint springs alot, I mean the way my car sits is awesome, and I cant wait for my rims to come in .... no more grey fugly steelie 13's for meeee.

Comment

i do not bounce but some time i do bottom out some times

Comment

i dont think i have bottomed out yet...i have scraped my mellon shooter a few times but never bottomd out...
                91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.