turbo '92 MR-2 and my 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo '92 MR-2 and my 323

After watching Anacondas last night (funny movie). I was on my way home to drop my friend off to his house (2:00 am) when we heard this psssttt sound behind us. We were like, " where the heck is that coming from?, that ****s loud"
    then I looked over my left shoulder and there it is a dark blue MR-2 w/ chiniese guy driving it. he had 2 gauges on the pillar a racing harnes belts for both seats and a 15" pepboys rims. I told my friend," man you should've drove your GSR." He said,"nahh we can't keep up w/ a turbo mr-2." He was beside me for almost a mile and just trying to see if im going to race him so he went in front of me and right when he was passing me he shifted and shifted twice I guess for me to hear his blow off valve. I was like," shieeettt thats loud" so I down shifted to second since I was only running 45 on the speed limit and went next to him then we both gunned it all the way to 4th gear we were head on I can't believe it. On the next light he rolld down his window and said," hey lets do it again on this light" Im down hoping that i can take him on my launch since my car was lighter. GREEN light came then booomm his car fricking jumped 1/2 car ahead of me then 1 car ahead of me all the way to 2nd gear shifted ot 3rd I was gaining a lil. I was just on his rear tires when suddenly he slammed on his brakes I was like WTF??? I could've catch up? So, I looked over him and he smiled and said good race. WHat ? good race that wasn't even 1/4 mile yet? I think the reason y he slammed the brakes was maybe because he thinks that i can catch up but my car was barely ctching up. I just want to race the full 1/4 mile. I want to race him again on the next light but there was 2 cop cars waiting on the other end so I said **** it next time I wont be scared on them MR-2....

I dont have throttle respond on 800-1,500 rpm but racing is on high rpms so it doesn't matter. My car blows a lil black smoke on higher rpm and on the gauge it show rich when flooring it (duh ofcourse). I didn't have that smoke then but after messing around with that screw on the vaf I think it got a lil richer on the top end that made the car run a lil quicker on the top end....but it aint nothing like the dohc vtec pull tho.

he just feels stupid because he spent that kind of money on an turbo mr2 and he couldn't see your 323 in his side view mirrors. I have an 87 Integra dohc, (b16a1) I mostly just race newer civics and stuff, (although i did eat up a 02-04 protege this weekend). When a person with a brand new (should be faster than an 87 integra) car can't see you in their side veiw mirrors, rather than just admit that there top end sucks and they have a chance of losing, they either slam on the brakes or do the ricer thing and throw on the hazards.
    According to my Anger Management Counselor, after 26 weeks of anger management class, I should be an expert when it comes to Anger Management...tell that to the guy who threw a starburst at my car in rush hour traffic...haha

Todays thought of the day:

Rice is great if your really hungry and want to eat 2000 of something.

Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Good Race.

I am still baffeled by your throttle response woes.
      You have yet to figure that out eh?
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I don't get it..
        on the top end, your car has 130lbs tork and an mr2 turbo would have more like 200lbs tork.
        He would have killed you.
        maybe he had a NA mr2 with a bov emulator.

Comment

Yeah, I'm skeptical too... RWD with mid engine should launch a *lot* faster than you... not that there's no chance you should catch up but with a good driver the MR2 should pull more than half a car on you at the beginning.

Comment

hahahahaha....

you think you can hang with a MR2 off the launch? Silly boy...

you ran against a na MR2 with a few mods... that's just about perfect for your story.
            "Never run out of real estate, traction & ideas at the same time"
            -93 MR2, 129 ES
            ClubProtege.com Tech Articles

Originally posted by WTF
            Remember low compression makes more space for AIR, HEEELLOOOO!

Comment

My stylus that had boost around 3500rpm would not launch verry well.
              I got constantly killed by Si Civics..
              But as soon as i hit boost in 2nd gear, i would blow by the civic going around 70kph why he as stoped at 50!
              Don't under estimate the power of a turbo..
              170hp SIR vs 170hp Impulse turbo awd 1234pound...
              the impulse would kill it any time. even on the highway.
              Tork is the key over 100kph!
              even more over 200!

Comment

Thats the same reason y I didn't want to race the guy...because of the turbo.
                DId I mention I beat a talon ALL WHEEL DRIVE on the top end and he beat me on his launch by 1/4 length on a car? I dont know but maybe Im racing the wrong peeps cuz for some reason 323 w/ bp's aint no joke.

Comment

Maybe he let off before fourth gear because you were in a 45 zone? lol. Cops tend to frown upon multiples of the speed limit. Good race though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ofdfew323
                    Thats the same reason y I didn't want to race the guy...because of the turbo.
                    DId I mention I beat a talon ALL WHEEL DRIVE on the top end and he beat me on his launch by 1/4 length on a car? I dont know but maybe Im racing the wrong peeps cuz for some reason 323 w/ bp's aint no joke.

maybe "peeps' cars" are above your visual recognization skillZ?

it wasn't a turbo, and you didn't beat a DSM turbo on the top end.
                    -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Originally posted by pecnos
                      My stylus that had boost around 3500rpm would not launch verry well.
                      I got constantly killed by Si Civics..
                      But as soon as i hit boost in 2nd gear, i would blow by the civic going around 70kph why he as stoped at 50!
                      Don't under estimate the power of a turbo..
                      170hp SIR vs 170hp Impulse turbo awd 1234pound...
                      the impulse would kill it any time. even on the highway.
                      Tork is the key over 100kph!
                      even more over 200!
                      Yes but... put that in a smaller car with mid engine rear drive and launch it the same. Then see what happens. I've driven MR2's before, you can feel the difference.

Comment

I say driver error-age, the guy probably just doesn't know how to handle his ****.

Comment

yeh, you didnt beat an mr2 turbo, unless you have a bpt, and even then it would be hard for you. i dont mean to sound like a dick, but i have seen mr2 turbo's in action, and they make me cream. the dsm thing is also on the verge of impossible.
                          Serenity's Dead.

Comment

yeah but who said i beat an MR2? I said i raced an mr2.
                            I don't really care about the neg. replies I was the one who raced and my friend was the witness.

Comment

dude...

your 323: 125hp 2350 lbs
                              NA MR2: 135hp 2600 lbs but lower gearing
                              turbo MR2: 200 hp 2700 lbs

which of those 2 sound like they could stay pretty close in a race?
                              -93 MR2, 129 ES

Originally posted by WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X